Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Manuka honey?

Manuka honey?

Anybody ever used manuka honey to help heal a wound? I have some scratches on my shins that seem to never want to heal. Was thinking about trying some of this honey. Was wondering what brand people use?
    Thanks, Clint
    "Some days you eat the bear, some days the bear eats you?"
    http://plegicoutdoorsman.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by skoalongcut View Post
    Anybody ever used manuka honey to help heal a wound? I have some scratches on my shins that seem to never want to heal. Was thinking about trying some of this honey. Was wondering what brand people use?
    Thanks, Clint
    Yes, we use the Medihoney brand. If it is superficial, give it a go. We cover the area with Medihoney and then cover with a really good dressing that will stay in place and is kind to the skin. We change the dressing every two or three days. You can get both on Amazon.
    Here's the Medihoney:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is the type of dressing that seems to work the best for us:
    https://www.amazon.com/3M-Tegaderm-P...Z3QK6MM6CJ4Y6V

Medihoney is the brand that I am most familiar with, but there are others out there. We have had good results most times with it. Hope that it helps those areas.
    ckf

We as a family use manuka honey for cuts and burns and it is incredible.

I use medihoney under duoderm and it is amazing. Other family members smear it on scratches, cuts, etc and are equally enthusiastic.

We have had amazing results with Manuka honey! We used to use duoderm in pressure sore areas, including areas where the skin is ripped. The duoderm would always create a gooey mess, and sometimes would tear the skin even more when we pulled it off. Now we use a teaspoon of Wedderspoon Manuka honey on a Band-Aid non-stick pad, and attach it with paper tape. It seems to toughen the skin. Our friend, who is a dentist, says it draws blood to the area, accelerating healing.

I had a large tear in my scrotum that we thought would require stitches, however we decided to try honey, and although it took a week and a half, it worked! I would think it would work great for "scratches on your shins".

I echo the comments above.
    ckf

. Shit works great.

Thanks for all the input.
    "Some days you eat the bear, some days the bear eats you?"
    http://plegicoutdoorsman.blogspot.com/

I have very small area on the perineum, got infected, abssed from small scratch, surgeon cleaned, been bed ridden 10 weeks, nurses, sister helped dressing and all healed except very tiny area that keeps open. Used promogran gel mediplex and gause, last 3 weeks.I need to heal this last area, can manuka honey or douderm work better. Wound care is stumped. I'm at the end of my rope after 12 weeks. Just need advice on what to use to get healed. I work. been off Dr said I could. Back trying working 4 hours and then home in bed, seriously worried about dressing or care, may a different type. I use a roho cushion. suggestions Please?!!
    Last edited by timbucktwo; 07-23-2017 at 10:24 PM.