Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: What's up with Microcyn?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    GJ has no medical training, and per a new policy, will soon have to disclose that in every post in the Care Forum.
    Did you read my reply in post 17 of this thread? I've never said I had medical background nor have I even ever tried to give that impression. The only time the subject has ever been raised, I addressed it, see post 17, this thread.

Is this policy directed specifically at me or will everyone who offers "medical advice", how they cath, what their bowel program routine is, what cushion they recommend, what supplements they take, swear by gentimicin or renacidin washes, have to state the same thing? Will I have to post this statement when I respond to questions that have nothing to do with Microcyn Technology?

Will it be permissible to state this disclaimer in the signature field of my post?

Where is the new policy posted?

This new policy is being written and will pertain to non medical professionals posting in the Care Forum. It is a liability issue.

That is utterly ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    This new policy is being written and will pertain to non medical professionals posting in the Care Forum. It is a liability issue.
    Respectively, I think it increases liability. I have been a listowner for over 20 years. We were advised to use a medical disclaimer that is attached to *all* posts regardless of author. It's a reader beware sort of thing, check with your own doctor etc.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

I think it's a good idea actually. In the past some posters have gone out of their way to mimic word for word how the nurses ask questions which gives the perception that they have more training/depth of knowledge then they do.

I think it's a great idea too
    Make America Sane Again. lol

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

You go ahead and squirt that in there if it works for you, bud!

Oh... me? No, I'm not a doctor but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Quote Originally Posted by nonoise View Post
    Respectively, I think it increases liability. I have been a listowner for over 20 years. We were advised to use a medical disclaimer that is attached to *all* posts regardless of author. It's a reader beware sort of thing, check with your own doctor etc.
    Thanks nonoise.

lol @ Northquad

Come back to add:

Questioning the gold mine that is KLD is so unwarranted and offensive. Over 30yrs+ experience in spinal cord injury care and treatment. Access to the latest and greatest. She retired recently from her employment and *still* volunteers here. No clue why with the abuse she's put up with. How about a little hubris and possibly a thank you?

We get done with one ornary male and then it's another and another and another ... good thing I don't moderate anymore here. You get a ban! And you get a ban! lol
    Last edited by lynnifer; 08-04-2017 at 03:42 AM.
    Make America Sane Again. lol

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12