Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What's up with Microcyn?

Are there different versions of the skin and wound care for poultry, horses, and pets, or are they all the same product in different bottles?
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

Quote Originally Posted by alan View Post
    Are there different versions of the skin and wound care for poultry, horses, and pets, or are they all the same product in different bottles?
    Looking at the Active and Inactive Ingredients on the bottle labels, I don't see a difference. I don't know why Manna Pro has these different labels. If you use Theracyn for bladder instillation, be sure you are ordering the liquid, not the hydrogel. There is no harm with the hydrogel, it just isn't as easy to use for bladder instillation.

fyi hydrocleanse(.009%) has double the amount of HOCI compared to just microcyn spray(.003%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    Looking at the Active and Inactive Ingredients on the bottle labels, I don't see a difference. I don't know why Manna Pro has these different labels. If you use Theracyn for bladder instillation, be sure you are ordering the liquid, not the hydrogel. There is no harm with the hydrogel, it just isn't as easy to use for bladder instillation.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    fyi hydrocleanse(.009%) has double the amount of HOCI compared to just microcyn spray(.003%)
    Alan's question was regarding the variations in the labels of the Theracyn (veterinarian) products. There are different labels. Of course there is the difference between Liquid and Hydrogel which are different consistencies. It appears as though there is a formulation for poultry, equine, bovine, caprine and ovine. When I looked at Theracyn labels on the internet, all HOCl (Hypochlorus Acid) levels were 0.009%, the same as HydroCleanse. Unfortunately, I haven't seen all of these labels in person. I'll try to get that done soon.

That said, when I refer to Microcyn here, I am not referring to Microcyn spray or hydrogel as such. I'm referring to trademarked Microcyn Technology. Microcyn Technology products are proven to be shelf stable, where other brands of electrolyzed water have variations in shelf stability. Vetericyn labeled products do not use trademarked Microcyn Technology.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by gjnl; 07-22-2017 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    Alan's question was regarding the variations in the labels of the Theracyn (veterinarian) products. There are different labels. Of course there is the difference between Liquid and Hydrogel which are different consistencies. It appears as though there is a formulation for poultry, equine, bovine, caprine and ovine. When I looked at Theracyn labels on the internet, all HOCl (Hypochlorus Acid) levels were 0.009%, the same as HydroCleanse. Unfortunately, I haven't seen all of these labels in person. I'll try to get that done soon.

That said, when I refer to Microcyn here, I am not referring to Microcyn spray or hydrogel as such. I'm referring to trademarked Microcyn Technology. Microcyn Technology products are proven to be shelf stable, where other brands of electrolyzed water have variations in shelf stability.
    right, my point was more about the difference in the 2 products.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Hi, which online stores are the best to buy Theracyn, there doesn't appear to be a way of ordering it directly from the manufacturer?

Thanks,

Rob

Been following this somewhat and this is the first time I've seen a mention of GJ actually having a medical background? If he does it will lend some weight to what he has been saying over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Been following this somewhat and this is the first time I've seen a mention of GJ actually having a medical background? If he does it will lend some weight to what he has been saying over the years.
    See my reply above, in blue on, post #17.

Quote Originally Posted by rob1 View Post
    Hi, which online stores are the best to buy Theracyn, there doesn't appear to be a way of ordering it directly from the manufacturer?

Thanks,

Rob

To comply with SCI Nurse KLD's request and possibly avoid having any other threads closed, please post as directed in her quote. Post number 5 in within this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Multiple threads about where to buy this really are not a good use of this forum. Suggest you most those questions over to the Equipment & Services forum. Have restored this as a separate thread reluctantly, and have locked the previous thread so no one else can post on it. Hope you are happy.

(KLD)

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    GJ has no medical training, and per a new policy, will soon have to disclose that in every post in the Care Forum.