Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What's up with Microcyn?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

What's up with Microcyn?

Anyone? Discount vendors seem to be out of stock and prices are rising. New brands (Manna, Theracyn), etc. Any info on what we should be buying and where? I used to buy for 13 dollars, now they are anywhere from 22 to 28 dollars.

Last, any information on a clinical trial for bladder instillation on humans? Some here have been using this for 5 years or more, it seems that the market for instillation would be substantial, I am curious as to why there is no information on a clinical trial. I go through a 16 oz bottle in 10 days.

Thanks.
    T6 complete (or so I think), SCI since September 21, 2003

how is it working for you paramoto, I bought my last case from mfr.
    Quote Originally Posted by paramoto View Post
    Anyone? Discount vendors seem to be out of stock and prices are rising. New brands (Manna, Theracyn), etc. Any info on what we should be buying and where? I used to buy for 13 dollars, now they are anywhere from 22 to 28 dollars.

Last, any information on a clinical trial for bladder instillation on humans? Some here have been using this for 5 years or more, it seems that the market for instillation would be substantial, I am curious as to why there is no information on a clinical trial. I go through a 16 oz bottle in 10 days.

Thanks.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

I have been using it for over two years and it has cut my infections dramatically, it definitely works. My concern is instilling a chlorox smelling substance twice a day, Oculus surely knows it is being used off label. Why, if that is the case, has there been no attempts to fund a clinical trial? It is a concern. Having said that, my last cystoscopy showed no,problems. Right now there is no availability from a few discount suppliers and a few new brands (to me) are now available. Is the formulation the same? What is the difference between products? Which one should we use?

Finally, I want to restate my objection to the moderators lumping up into one humongous unreadable thread everytime this product is mwntioned in any form. It is homologous to lumping up every post about bowel issues. This thread it is so long it is of very little use for current issues.

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    how is it working for you paramoto, I bought my last case from mfr.

I have been using it for over two years and it has cut my infections dramatically, it definitely works. My concern is instilling a chlorox smelling substance twice a day, Oculus surely knows it is being used off label. Why, if that is the case, has there been no attempts to fund a clinical trial? It is a concern. Having said that, my last cystoscopy showed no,problems. Right now there is no availability from a few discount suppliers and a few new brands (to me) are now available. Is the formulation the same? What is the difference between products? Which one should we use?

Finally, I want to restate my objection to the moderators lumping up into one humongous unreadable thread everytime this product is mwntioned in any form. It is homologous to lumping up every post about bowel issues. This thread it is so long it is of very little use for current issues.
    I prefer buying hydrocleanse direct from the mfr, that way I know what I'm getting. glad its helping you. what dose do you use.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

Fuente, I started using Puracyn and my infections were cut down dramatically, then there was a split with Oculus and Puracyn plus came out, according to GJ it did not use Micrcocyn technology, so I switched to Microcyn AH with a concentration of .009%. Both have a noticeable smell of bleach.

KLD, thanks. I have seen a few threads about where to buy this, but that is not my question. My question is which product to use for my bladder care based on the experience of others with their care. For me it has been medicine.

For many years I was reluctant to use Microcyn based in part on your and others objections to its use. But it works, I had a resistant bacteria for two years, taking antibiotics constantly. Since I began instilling Microcyn I have had a couple in over two years. I am still not comfortable taking care of my bladder with a bleachy substance, and I plead that we need as much information as possible to be shared by those who use it of have access to info on Microcyn.

Microcyn is an issue about UTI's and how to treat/care for them. The other original thread is/was so long and so old it is impossible to follow. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    I prefer buying hydrocleanse direct from the mfr, that way I know what I'm getting. glad its helping you. what dose do you use.

fyi- hydrocleanse has the same concentration............I was reading back through some old threads and it didn't sound like it was working in the beginning for you??

I agree, the original thread is way long, its time for a new one.
    Fuente, I started using Puracyn and my infections were cut down dramatically, then there was a split with Oculus and Puracyn plus came out, according to GJ it did not use Micrcocyn technology, so I switched to Microcyn AH with a concentration of .009%. Both have a noticeable smell of bleach.

KLD, thanks. I have seen a few threads about where to buy this, but that is not my question. My question is which product to use for my bladder care based on the experience of others with their care. For me it has been medicine.

For many years I was reluctant to use Microcyn based in part on your and others objections to its use. But it works, I had a resistant bacteria for two years, taking antibiotics constantly. Since I began instilling Microcyn I have had a couple in over two years. I am still not comfortable taking care of my bladder with a bleachy substance, and I plead that we need as much information as possible to be shared by those who use it of have access to info on Microcyn.

Microcyn is an issue about UTI's and how to treat/care for them. The other original thread is/was so long and so old it is impossible to follow. Thanks again.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

It appears that Sonoma Pharmaceuticals (formerly Oculus Innovative Sciences) has licensed Microcyn Technology to Manna Pro (a long time distributor of animal care and feed products) under the name of Theracyn. Likely, any MicrocynAH labeled product will disappear from the market place and be replaced by Theracyn. This deal was announced in 2016, see the announcement below.

Theracyn concentration of Hypochlorous Acid is 0.009%
    HydroCleanse concentration of Hypochlorous Acid is 0.009%
    MicrocyAH concentration of Hypochlorous Acid is 0.009%
    Original Vetericyn (back around 2011) had a concentration of Hypochlorous Acid 0.003%
    Original VetericynVF had a concentration of Hypochlorous Acid of 0.011%

Products using the Microcyn Technology registered trade mark use the most stable form of Hypocholorous Acid available in these electrolyzed water products.

http://ir.sonomapharma.com/releasede...leaseid=961859

Oculus Innovative Sciences Announces Multi-Year Licensing Agreement with Manna Pro Products, LLC, for MicrocynAH? Animal Healthcare Products

ST. LOUIS and PETALUMA, Calif., March 23, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Oculus Innovative Sciences, Inc. (NASDAQ:OCLS, warrants OCLSW), a specialty pharmaceutical company that develops and markets solutions for the treatment of dermatological conditions and advanced tissue care, today announced a multi-year licensing agreement with Manna Pro Products, LLC, (www.mannapro.com) for the entire family of MicrocynAH? animal healthcare products for the North American large animal and farm/home market.
    "Oculus is a leader in the development of advanced animal healthcare products based upon the acclaimed Microcyn Technology," said John Howe, CEO of Manna Pro Products. "At Manna Pro our key focus is to bring innovative and high quality products to our customers. MicrocynAH products offers superior efficacy, safety and shelf life as compared to other wound and skin care products on the market today. We are delighted to be partnered with Oculus and we look forward to them continuing to advance their Microcyn Techology to offer additional new and innovative products."
    Manna Pro began shipping the MicrocynAH products to customers in March 2016. For more information visit www.mannapro.com.
    "We are excited to join forces with Manna Pro, the premier name in large animal nutrition and healthcare," said Jim Schutz, Oculus CEO. "This enables us to bring the clinically proven MicrocynAH wound care, eye and ear care, and dermatology products into the mainstream farm and home market with an emphasis on equine, bovine, poultry, dogs and cats. Our portfolio of advanced all-animal MicrocynAH products formulated with our proven Microcyn? Technology platform are second to none with over 53 issued patents and 13 FDA clearances. This technology has proven itself successful in over 30 human and animal clinical studies from around the globe."
    Animal Healthcare Market
    According to the Freedonia Group, an international industry market research firm, the demand for animal health products in the United States is forecast to increase 3.9% annually to $12.7 billion in 2016. Animal healthcare is a relatively recession-resistant industry as it is regarded as a necessary expense of animal ownership or husbandry. Furthermore, as pet owners increasingly treat their companion animals as members of the family, pets' lifespans will continue to lengthen, driving strong sales of health products.

About Manna Pro
    Manna Pro produces high-quality animal nutrition and care products for a broad range of animals. Its largest group of products is associated with horses, but the company also produces feed for backyard poultry and goats, rabbits, cattle, pigs, and companion animals. Manna Pro's product lines primarily serve the "lifestyle farmer" market - people who own acreage with farm animals, and operate their farms as a hobby rather than a business. The company's flagship product - Calf-Manna? - has been a staple of animal owners for more than 80 years. In December 2015, Manna Pro also announced it had expanded significantly into the companion animal market (dogs, cats, other small animals) with the acquisition of Nutri-Vet? and Petnology Essentials™. More information can be found at www.mannapro.com. For more information, visit www.mannapro.com.

About Oculus Innovative Sciences, Inc.
    Oculus Innovative Sciences is a specialty pharmaceutical company that develops and markets solutions for the treatment of dermatological conditions and advanced tissue care. The company's products, which are sold throughout the United States and internationally, have improved outcomes for more than five million patients globally by reducing infections, itch, pain, scarring and harmful inflammatory responses. The company's headquarters are in Petaluma, California, with manufacturing operations in the United States and Latin America. European marketing and sales are headquartered in Roermond, Netherlands. More information can be found at www.oculusis.com.
    Forward-Looking Statements
    Except for historical information herein, matters set forth in this press release are forward-looking within the meaning of the "safe harbor" provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, including statements about the commercial and technology progress and future financial performance of Oculus Innovative Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries (the "Company"). These forward-looking statements are identified by the use of words such as "continuing," "advance," and "shipping," among others. Forward-looking statements in this press release are subject to certain risks and uncertainties inherent in the Company's business that could cause actual results to vary, including such risks that regulatory clinical and guideline developments may change, scientific data may not be sufficient to meet regulatory standards or receipt of required regulatory clearances or approvals, clinical results may not be replicated in actual patient settings, protection offered by the Company's patents and patent applications may be challenged, invalidated or circumvented by its competitors, the available market for the Company's products will not be as large as expected, the Company's common stock and warrants may be delisted from NASDAQ, the Company's products will not be able to penetrate one or more targeted markets, revenues will not be sufficient to fund further development and clinical studies, the Company may not meet its future capital needs, the Company may not be able to obtain additional funding, as well as uncertainties relative to varying product formulations and a multitude of diverse regulatory and marketing requirements in different countries and municipalities, and other risks detailed from time to time in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission including its annual report on Form 10-K for the year ended March 30, 2015. The Company disclaims any obligation to update these forward-looking statements, except as required by law.
    Oculus?, Microcyn? Technology and MicrocynAH? are trademarks or registered trademarks of Oculus Innovative Sciences, Inc. All other trademarks and service marks are the property of their respective owners.
    Media and Investor Contact:
    Oculus Innovative Sciences, Inc.
    Dan McFadden
    VP of Public and Investor Relations
    (425) 753-2105
    dmcfadden@oculusis.com
    Source: Oculus Innovative Sciences, Inc. News Provided by Acquire Media

And yes, Paramoto, I agree that the moderators are out of line when they remove a new thread about the uses of this technology and roll it into this thread, but Mods will be Mods, no explaining their motivation. It may be best to express your frustration to Jim, the Administrator.

Multiple threads about where to buy this really are not a good use of this forum. Suggest you most those questions over to the Equipment & Services forum. Have restored this as a separate thread reluctantly, and have locked the previous thread so no one else can post on it. Hope you are happy.

(KLD)

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Multiple threads about where to buy this really are not a good use of this forum. Suggest you most those questions over to the Equipment & Services forum. Have restored this as a separate thread reluctantly, and have locked the previous thread so no one else can post on it. Hope you are happy.

(KLD)
    ''Hope you are happy.'' This sounds like you locked the thread as a punitive action or out of spite,hopefully I'm wrong.The free flow of information is more important than a petty argument.If Microcyn is ''equipment'' so is vit.c,a wound dressing or even aspirin for that matter,not likely.

Quote Originally Posted by ctoom91 View Post
    ''Hope you are happy.'' This sounds like you locked the thread as a punitive action or out of spite,hopefully I'm wrong. (This is my take away as well. This action is nonsensical) The free flow of information is more important than a petty argument. If Microcyn is ''equipment'' so is vit.c,a wound dressing or even aspirin for that matter,not likely.
    I agree with your assessment of this action by KLD to close this thread. There is no precedent, no logical reason, no request, just, arbitrarily, carpriciously...thread closed...no explanation. There are other threads on this site that are long and unwieldy that have not been closed, so why this one. I wrote to Jim the administrator about this action by KLD. He suggested that I write to her and ask why. Well, KLD and I are not exactly buddies and I'd prefer that she step up here and explain herself to everyone, not just to me. KLD, just end this controversy and reopen the thread. No explanations necessary. I fear that pride may stand in the way of reopening this thread. There is an uncharacteristic quiet from this particular moderator.

One person made a comment that the thread was long and difficult to plow through. One element of his question was where do you buy the product, but more importantly he was trying to find out about the name change and product changes. There really aren't multiple threads about where to buy these products. There are multiple threads and maybe a post or two has asked about purchase sources, but how many threads are there about the use of Magic Bullets, Enemeez, Peristeen, and unproven treatments for spinal cord injury and meaningless, incoherent political threads. Paramoto did not ask for the thread to be closed. He only asked that if someone wanted to post a new thread about Microcyn Technology that the moderators not remove the new thread and tack it on to the Open Letter to Wise thread. Just because the thread is long is not a reason to close it. If a member wants to sift through the information on this particular thread and add information to the thread, they should have that right and freedom. To me this is where an element of censorship for unexplained reasons has come into play.

With this thread closed, it will sink into oblivion, since no one will be able to comment to it. Eventually, it will fall out of sight, out of mind. There is a lot of good anecdotal evidence that these products work and there are few and benign side effects. New members, looking for help with urinary tract infections will miss out on a lot of information and alternative choices because this thread is closed and lost to the bottom of the pile.
    Last edited by gjnl; 07-18-2017 at 01:04 PM.