Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ADA dishwasher

ADA dishwasher

its that time. been 10 yrs since we built our condo, time flies. anywho we are buying all new appliances. we need a ada height dishwasher since we had our cabinets/countertops built lower. the 2 higher end mfr I've found are boush and fisckall(sp) that offer ada height........... any recommendations.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Have you looked at drawer style dishwashers? What is the maximum dishwasher height that your new countertops can accommodate??

Bosch, ASKO, and Fisher & Paykel are high end appliance (and expensive) companies, but they are good quality.

You can find a number of options of both drawer and "ADA compliant" regular dishwashers by Googling "ada dishwasher". Here are some tips on shopping:

http://dishwashersguide.com/kitchen/...nt-dishwasher/

(KLD)

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Have you looked at drawer style dishwashers? What is the maximum dishwasher height that your new countertops can accommodate??

Bosch, ASKO, and Fisher & Paykel are high end appliance (and expensive) companies, but they are good quality.

You can find a number of options of both drawer and "ADA compliant" regular dishwashers by Googling "ada dishwasher". Here are some tips on shopping:

http://dishwashersguide.com/kitchen/...nt-dishwasher/

(KLD)
    thx kld, we have about 32.5 inch high opening. that's the ada part we need the height. ada are going to be around 32 in. that really limits the selection.
    I like the look of drawer units.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

I have a Fisher & Paykel dual drawer dishwasher. It is easy to load and well built, highly recommend.

Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    I have a Fisher & Paykel dual drawer dishwasher. It is easy to load and well built, highly recommend.
    thx t8.. they are sharp looking
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

When our dishwasher breaks down, we will be considering an AEG ComfortLift dishwasher.

Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

We bought the fischer paykel kitchen remodel in a feeew weeks
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

A standard dishwasher also has dual drawers. How is the Fisher & Paykel dual drawer dishwasher any easier to load than a standard dishwasher?

While we're talking about kitchen appliances accessibility, have you considered a pull-out stove top? That enables accessibility, cabinet space underneath, and the stove location to be turning distance from the island. Makes a huge difference. I staggered my counter heights. The highest counter is for a standard dishwasher only. The sink counter goes as low as possible to provide knee to sink clearance. The island, where I spend most of my time, is super low.

Blog Entries
    Miele makes a very good ADA compliant dishwasher.