Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shower cushion ideas

Shower cushion ideas

I would like to shower in my every day manual chair on occasions like vacation or one night hotel stays (with roll-in shower) Any ideas for a waterproof cushion that i could swap out just for the shower? Would a roho work? I know its not the best for a chair but would be nice on occasion if I had the right cushion? Maybe an inflatable type? any ideas?

Lots of people remove the cover from their Roho and use it in the shower or tub, but you could also use something like the ByeBye Decubiti cushion:
    https://ideamobility.com/cushions/15...s-cushion.html

(KLD)

look a supracor, its honeycomb so water goes out bottom
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

This work really well for me, use it in the shower to sit on and as a back cushion. It can be slippery when wet and soapy, depending on the type of surface it is on, but when sitting straight it is fine. Also use it to transfer and sit on pool lounge and any other surface. Its firm but soft firm, 2 linear feet is 24x56, cut 3-4 cushions to your needs, been using it for about 7 years now. http://www.sailrite.com/Foam-Closed-...FdgMgQodTgcAww
    c6/7 incomplete 6/30/07

whats that smell? its me, cause im the shit.

если я сейчас умру то нахуй я родился

Blog Entries
    I use a Supracore Stimulite in the shower. I modified the holes on the bottom of the honeycomb by widening them to the full size of each 'comb' (stock they just have a pin hole in the middle of each) which really helped with quick draining and drying. I keep little soap and shampoo bottles in the cover's pouch, which is handy. Gotta wash the cover every week, at least, or it will get funky with mildew and soap residue, if just left to air dry with the cover on. I just throw the whole thing into the washer and dryer.

I've also showered in my chair with no ill effects. Although bearings might not last as long, as they otherwise would, with regular soakings.

(Using a Roho without a cover isn't the greatest idea, although a lot of folks do it. The manufacturer states the cover is integral to maintain proper protection and functionality, as it keeps the individual cells from displacing too far (causing over immersion of bony prominences and possible contact with the seat as well as protection from potential sheer on the rubber). This has been my experience, as well, with my bony butt. I could never inflate on enough to keep the cells where they needed to be without a cover.)
    A Buddhist monk walked up to the guy working behind a hot dog cart and said, "Make me one with everything."

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus

Thanks that supracore looks like it should work!

Hey guys for occasional shower use which supracore do you use stimulite sport? looks like about $250 on DME hub anyplace cheaper?

Regarding "... stimulite sport ... $250 ... anyplace cheaper?" -
    an 18x18 size can be found for $209 here.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WC_Sage View Post
    Regarding "... stimulite sport ... $250 ... anyplace cheaper?" -
    an 18x18 size can be found for $209 here.

Quote Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
    I use a Supracore Stimulite in the shower. I modified the holes on the bottom of the honeycomb by widening them to the full size of each 'comb' (stock they just have a pin hole in the middle of each) which really helped with quick draining and drying. I keep little soap and shampoo bottles in the cover's pouch, which is handy. Gotta wash the cover every week, at least, or it will get funky with mildew and soap residue, if just left to air dry with the cover on. I just throw the whole thing into the washer and dryer.

I've also showered in my chair with no ill effects. Although bearings might not last as long, as they otherwise would, with regular soakings.

(Using a Roho without a cover isn't the greatest idea, although a lot of folks do it. The manufacturer states the cover is integral to maintain proper protection and functionality, as it keeps the individual cells from displacing too far (causing over immersion of bony prominences and possible contact with the seat as well as protection from potential sheer on the rubber). This has been my experience, as well, with my bony butt. I could never inflate on enough to keep the cells where they needed to be without a cover.)

how long does it take your chair back and stuff to dry out i have thought of using my everyday chair as well
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]