Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: workers compensation ? help!

Rx = prescription.

Zambi, do you have a nurse case manager assigned to you by the workers' comp company that you are covered by? Many companies assign one when someone has a catastrophic disability, and this person's responsibility is to coordinate identification of your care/equipment needs with the specific WC policy your employer has. If not, you should inquire about getting such a case manager assigned. I know several who work for USA WC companies and provide case management services for clients who live in other countries (mostly Latin America).

(KLD)

That's very interesting, thanks KLD. I'm currently dealing directly with the complex claims director. I'll ask!

[QUOTE=Zambi;1836016]
    Hacknsack44 you may be able to help me actually. Did you need a doctor to state that you needed a new van and wheelchair every five years? Does it mention a particular model, or value? I don't think my doctor is going to want to write a letter about mobility equipment to an insurance company ? they tend not to want to put anything but medical diagnoses into writing. Which leaves me a bit stuck.

No, that was the nurses job. She did all the research to figure out what I would need for the rest of my life. When it is time for a new wheelchair or vehicle I contact my adjuster and she contracts the DME they use. It usually goes pretty smooth. I get to pick what wheelchair and vehicle I want .

Quote Originally Posted by nmireles View Post
    Workers comp in Arizona accident since 93 T-10 Para. I settle a long time ago for a lump sum from accident. Chose a lump sum instead of receiving monthly payments. In the settlement they agreed to cover all of my dme medical equipment, urological all stuff necessary for me to be in this wheelchair. With the exception they wont' do any home modifications or vehicle modifications. They will cover any thing that my Dr. writes a Rx for and I mean anything. I don't abuse the system so my case manager even calls me just to see if I need anything. With my lump sum settlement I purchased a an annuity. They pay me every month tax free for the rest of my life. I don't have to claim it as income pay no taxes at all. It's for life and does not pass on after my death.
    I'm guessing with your injury level you do not need attendant care or just a few hours here and there. What happens if need it 24 hrs 7 days a week in the future? Just curious?

thanks again to you and KLD. They are going to provide me with a nurse assessor now. I wouldn't have known about it if you hadn't have told me