Thread: For Sale: Freedom Ryder Handcycle

For Sale: Freedom Ryder Handcycle

Hi friends. It's been awhile, hope you are all well.

I've been procrastinating on selling my Freedom Ryder for a long time. It was my second ever hand cycle and to this day it's probably my favorite. I got a much newer and 'nicer' one that I'm keeping because I received it as a gift. You know how it goes. I'll miss the lean steer Freedom Ryder because you get better core exercise (abs, back, etc) from it, in my personal opinion.

Anyway, enough of the sob story, am I right?

I bought this hand cycle from a CareCure member back in early 2013 if I am remembering correctly through his eBay listing. If you prefer an eBay listing for peace of mind, we can arrange that.

The seat and back are memory foam, the wheels are carbon fiber.

The cycle is ready to ride however it will need new tires fairly soon and a chain adjustment is recommended which I will inquire about locally before shipping and cover it myself if the cost is reasonable.

I paid $1800 originally, and I'd like to start off asking $1500 or best offer which you can post here or PM me, whatever you prefer.

Here are some pictures. I should have probably cleaned her up all nice and pretty but I think a part of me still hopes nobody is going to want to buy her

Looks like a great bike! I'm envious of your wheels.

I wanted to add that you do NOT need ab muscles to ride this. I'm a T4 and have been riding a FR lean steer for 23 years. Just completed a 125 mile ride last weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by brian View Post
    I wanted to add that you do NOT need ab muscles to ride this. I'm a T4 and have been riding a FR lean steer for 23 years.
    Hey Brian! Thanks for adding this info. 125 mile ride... that's crazy. I did one full and one half marathon on the Freedom Ryder. 26.2 miles is more than plenty for me.

I think that is a great price and someone would be lucky to get it at that price. I paid what you paid for yours but years earlier and stock wheels but pretty much same bike.

Quote Originally Posted by brian View Post
    Looks like a great bike! I'm envious of your wheels.

I wanted to add that you do NOT need ab muscles to ride this. I'm a T4 and have been riding a FR lean steer for 23 years. Just completed a 125 mile ride last weekend!

What are you using for a seat cushion?
    T3-T7 complete since Sept 2015

Where are you located? And how difficult is it to transfer into and out of? I'm t3 complete. I worry about the transfer back up into my chair. What's the height from seat to ground?

Quote Originally Posted by tarantella View Post
    Where are you located? And how difficult is it to transfer into and out of? I'm t3 complete. I worry about the transfer back up into my chair. What's the height from seat to ground?
    Bike-On sells a modified bath seat (battery operated) which would enable you to transfer from chair seat to bath seat, raise bath seat to height of chair seat for an easier transfer.

Quote Originally Posted by tarantella View Post
    Hi tarantella. I'm located in South Florida.

The top of the seat is 12 inches from the floor. I think the difficulty to transfer is going to depend largely on how much upper body strength you have, and how heavy you are.

I am able to transfer out into my chair on my own, but on occasion my butt would catch on my wheelchair cushion and it'd rise up, forcing me to go back down to the hand cycle seat and try again.

Once you have your chair brakes, and the hand cycle brakes engaged, you can turn into transfer position and then put one of your hands on the top of the hand cycle backrest to get better leverage, if that makes sense.

Hey everyone. Just a quick update. I've added a few new supplies to the deal, free of charge. Some chain lube and cleaner kit, some CO2 carts for emergency inflating of tires, and a hydration pack (like a camel back but different brand, its visible in the pictures). Hope that sweetens the deal enough for someone to pull the trigger. Hoping to avoid ebay because of the fees involved but will explore that option in the next week or two if there are no hits here. Thanks again for looking, really appreciate it. And thanks again to everyone for the supportive comments. It really means a lot.

Thanks everyone for viewing and commenting. The hand cycle has been sold!