Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Selling standing frame advice

Selling standing frame advice

For anyone that has done this I have a few questions:

What should I expect to pay to ship this (ballpark)? Is it even worth it?

Would this have to ship freight? Suggestion on UPS, etc.?

If I disassemble it for shipping, how will the buyer know how to put it back together?

Any other tips? This is the first time I will be shipping something this large.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Shipping was several hundred when I looked into it a few years ago. Gave it away to a PT/OT shop that was just getting started in my area instead.
    A Buddhist monk walked up to the guy working behind a hot dog cart and said, "Make me one with everything."

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus

As far as assembly, if you don't have or can't obtain the manufacturer's assembly instructions (sometimes you can find these on-line), take digital photos of the disassembly process, which hopefully the buyer can reverse in order to re-assemble.

What model/brand of standing frame is this? You may need to use a freight shipping company other than UPS or FedEx. They can give you an estimate of the shipping costs based on the size of the box and the total weight. You can find freight shipping companies by Googling "freight shipping" and your location. Ideally, you will want to use one that will pick up at your home and deliver to the buyer's home address as well. It is not cheap. Did you sell with the understanding that you or the buyer was paying for shipping?

(KLD)

Thanks for the replys. It is an EasyStand Evolve Glider. I have the owners manual that came with it but there aren't any assembly instructions, just a breakdown of all the parts in an exploded view. I haven't tried selling it yet, I wanted to figure out the shipping first. I'll check into some freight services.

Save yourself the trouble. Start with it on Craigslist or Offerup as-is, where-is, cash only. I drove over 600 miles round trip to pick up my stander. My wife and his two kids dumped in the back of the van pretty much in one piece. I think maybe the tray came off easily.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Uship.com is another option, you basically post what you want moved on the site and it goes up for bid. I had three powerchairs shipped this way and it was painless every time.

If you have a large EasyStand Evolve Glider it will sell and fast. You should be able to get at least $3500. Leave shipping to the buyer but typically $200+. I had a friend drive from Cincinnati to Chicago to pick up mine.
    T3-T7 complete since Sept 2015

Also, if you have a SCI acute rehab program nearby, ask if you can post an ad there, or give the information to the case managers. Few insurances cover these, and patients/families who want to have one at home may be interested in used equipment since they will most likely have to purchase out of their own pocket.

(KLD)

Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    If you have a large EasyStand Evolve Glider it will sell and fast. You should be able to get at least $3500. Leave shipping to the buyer but typically $200+. I had a friend drive from Cincinnati to Chicago to pick up mine.
    really i have 1 and can not gie it away

We paid to ship a glider from AZ to OH and it was over $1,200 to ship via freight. We are always looking to buy them though so if you are interested in selling please pm me the serial number (found on the bottom of the seat), your location, and what you are asking for it. We have applicants all throughout the country so if we have someone near you who has asked for the same type of frame it is usually pretty easy for us to handle. Thanks,
    Jeff