Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Para Work Status - full time, part time, disability?

Injured in 2001 at the age of 23. I'm a C5 complete. Went back to school to earn a masters degree, and started working full-time as an Instructor in 2006. While working, I earned a PhD. Two months ago I was granted tenure. I will be 40 this year, but want to keep working at least another 5 to 10 years.

T 7/8 inc. Injured in '05 at age 44. Still work full time. Am now a training manager for a wastewater plant. I will probably work another 5 years if the health holds up. I enjoy the job, as I dont hafta sit in my office all day. Pain does suck, but I jus deal with it. Retirement is so close, yet so far!

T6 incomplete para since 2009 i am considered disabled by federal guidelines however i do work very part time on the side when i am able. i have a number of other health issues from the paralysis and after 15 years in the restaurant industry just couldn't do it any longer. i am still in the industry per say at a consultant basis and also run a local pubs Facebook page and consult on their marketing strategy but i do most of it from my home and work maybe if i'm lucky 10 hours a week.
    T6 incomplete from MS and an aortic aneurysm surgery that went bad.

I'd love to find something I could do from home now ... something where I could control my workload and work at freaking 3am or 3pm if I want!

I really hate this feeling of uselessness. No direction or responsibility.
    Make America Sane Again. lol

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

have you thought about those home business like selling lip sense or things like that?
    T6 incomplete from MS and an aortic aneurysm surgery that went bad.

My hats off to all of you. I guess I was lucky since I had retired 2 years before my accident. T 11-12, L1. Nine years this year. I'm 73. From my perspective, I don't think I could have done it. I'm spoiled I guess.
    I refuse to tip toe through life, only to arrive safely at death.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    I'd love to find something I could do from home now ... something where I could control my workload and work at freaking 3am or 3pm if I want!

Paid bloggers make about $50-150 per week per blog site for producing one or two quality entries and corresponding social media links. Get 4-5 customers and the pay isn't too bad.
    T3-T7 complete since Sept 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    Paid bloggers make about $50-150 per week per blog site for producing one or two quality entries and corresponding social media links. Get 4-5 customers and the pay isn't too bad.
    I was already working at my current occupation in a different function within our group when I got my SCI. I really enjoyed using Herbalife products while working there.

After taking a full year off on short term disability (I was pretty messed up after a month in an induced coma and a month and a half in the hospital itself), I proceeded to go back to work doing a different function in our group. I did this function for a short time before SCI, so it wasn't that much of a 'different' job. I'll tell you, that Herbalife stuff sure is tasty!

I did the Social Security Trial Work Period for the 12 months after returning to work. Pretty neat getting the bonus pay. More money for those Herbalife goodies

Which leads to today, getting a shovel full of money deposited in my bank account every two weeks. Amazing how eventually making my way to some place to hang out is so valuable. I guess having such persons as myself on staff does have some value. I credit this to my usage of Herbalife products

I do notice that people seem to hate me for my SCI however. Whenever they see me, people tend to quickly walk in the opposite direction. I really wish they weren't so prejudiced against SCI people, because then I could better explain to them the wonders of purchasing Herbalife products for their own usage. And selling them to others for extra cash (multilevel marketing schemes have an unfair rap and are lied about by those jealous of the potential rewards)

But Mize, I think you have an awesome idea of filling all corners of the internet with product placement and surreptitious marketing. If people absolutely hate this stuff in person, it is time to expose them to a more sneaky internet based approach. They wont see it coming!

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post

So I was spending some annoying time on the phone with my insurance company, started talking to the person and a lot of those people are WFH. I googled call center work from home: https://join.liveops.com/work-from-h...l-center-jobs/ but I am sure there are others.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    I was already working at my current occupation in a different function within our group when I got my SCI. I really enjoyed using Herbalife products while working there.
    Just be very cautious with pyramid schemes like this. A good way to loose your initial investment, and drive away all your friends who hate getting solicited all the time with your products!

(KLD)