Thread: Question about the SmartDrive System

Question about the SmartDrive System

Good evening everyone. I recently purchased a SmartDrive MX2+ with PushTracker. The guy that installed must have installed it incorrectly because now the bracket that goes over the axle tube is spinning slightly. I wanted to find out if anyone knew the diameter of the axle tube for a TiLite TR Series 3 wheelchair with 24" rear wheels. It has different rubber axle sleeves for different sized axle tubes depending on the size of the axle and I'm not entirely sure which rubber sleeve to use.

Also, does anyone know what the little strip that comes with all the sleeves is for ? I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do with it or if I'm even supposed to use it.

Any assistance with this would be much appreciated.

Thank you all very much,

-Colin

Ok, my son has the Smart Drive. The bracket does get loose and needs to be tightened with a hex key. As I recall, he only received one rubber sleeve and we just made it work. However, the bracket still tends to move to the left over time. About once per month, I move the bracket back to the center and tighten it. Small inconvenience for such an amazing piece of equipment! Hope this helps! You may want to call their customer service, they are pretty responsive!

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyColin View Post
    Good evening everyone. I recently purchased a SmartDrive MX2+ with PushTracker. The guy that installed must have installed it incorrectly because now the bracket that goes over the axle tube is spinning slightly. I wanted to find out if anyone knew the diameter of the axle tube for a TiLite TR Series 3 wheelchair with 24" rear wheels. It has different rubber axle sleeves for different sized axle tubes depending on the size of the axle and I'm not entirely sure which rubber sleeve to use.

Also, does anyone know what the little strip that comes with all the sleeves is for ? I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do with it or if I'm even supposed to use it.

Any assistance with this would be much appreciated.

Thank you all very much,

-Colin
    The standard TiLite axle tube is 1 1/8 inch. All you should need to mount the bracket is the flimsy rubber liner to prevent slipping once attached. Depending on the bracket, it may say "Max" be sure it is right side up and the flats that attach to the drive are supposed to be vertical. All those other parts as you say are for different size tubes. The bracket has to be tight, but be careful, many of us have broken one.
    Last edited by nonoise; 07-10-2017 at 12:06 AM.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

I know this is a little off topic but has anyone used a SmartDrive for over the five year life expectancy? Without repairs I mean.