Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can't take it anymore!

I am on Effexor and have been for months now. Helps some, but I still have crying spells every day....

Wish I could. I used to be very, very active. If I wasn't working out, I was playing softball, jogging, golfing, yard work etc. Now when I try to work out my pain level goes from 7 to 8 or 9. Its a catch-22.

I tried this. Either the pain is too great or I doze off!

I am now trying to wean off the opiods. For the last few days, I have taken 1/2 of a 4 mg dilaudid when I start to get really really anxious. However, the pain has ratcheted up. I'm going to try to stick it out. To "garywas": I have never considered suicide because of my religious beliefs. However, there is hardly a day that goes by that I don't ask God to take me as I am more than ready.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeRobison View Post
    I am now trying to wean off the opiods. For the last few days, I have taken 1/2 of a 4 mg dilaudid when I start to get really really anxious. However, the pain has ratcheted up. I'm going to try to stick it out. To "garywas": I have never considered suicide because of my religious beliefs. However, there is hardly a day that goes by that I don't ask God to take me as I am more than ready.
    I believe if you can fight the opioid addiction and become active again the "pain" will dissipate... Good luck, hopefully that works !

Have any of you tried CBD oil? Not cheap but there are many who take it and say it works better than opiods. You can order it online from a number of places. I find the best place to get info is at the reddit cbdinfo sub. Use vetted companies and get the full spectrum cbd oil and take sublingual. I wish you all all the best.

I wrote yesterday about how CBD oil is only about as good for nerves pain as 3 asperin. But yesterday I extracted some CBD oil from some tested . 5 THC 14 percent CBD cannabis. It's been going to a young man with a rare brain disorder that gives him epileptic type seizures. He has a lot less seizures on the CBD oil, or simply smoking it.
    So I made up a suppository of about 700 milligrams worth of CBD with the cleanup. It was about a medium pain evening, so was curious to see what such a large amount would do for my nerve pain.
    It did help some, but not like an opiate or anything. Will keep some for a bit of a boost now and then. Depending on your pain level, it's helpful somewhat. But if you are in strong pain, I'd keep looking for something else. 700 grams is a large amount, and would be expensive if you had to by it.
    But hey, buy a bit and try it out. Hard to know your pain level, compared to mine, and it might work better for you.
    T12L1 Incomplete Still here This is the place to be 58 years old

Medical marijuana has been approved in Ohio, but none of us are going to have access to it until next September at the earliest. Lots of hoops that have to be jumped through.

Not so much addicted as dependent. I essentially got off them for about a month, but the pain did not recede. So, I have begun to take them again but with some selective use. For example, I will only take some if I have something going on that I want to get some pleasure from or have to concentrate on.