Thread: Sam Schmidt's 2016 Corvette - Leno's Garage

Sam Schmidt's 2016 Corvette - Leno's Garage

Sam Schmidt's 2016 Corvette - Leno's Garage
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyexjfEwp4k
    Know Thyself

Thanks for posting that, I needed a spirit lift.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Thanks
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

that is a great story,
    Rollin' since '89. Complete C8

Blog Entries
    That is awesome. The first time I drove, after my SCI, I had the same overwhelming sense of 'normalcy' that he mentioned in the video.
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

This is awesome! This is what I don't understand. Disney builds a ride about a movie where the main character is confined to a wheelchair, but the ride isn't wheelchair accessible. This company builds this amazing vehicle to allow someone to do what he loves to do. Maybe Disney should put some of those BILLIONS of dollars they receive yearly into some research next time.

I built a hand controlled road racing car (88 GTI 5spd manual) and raced it 3 years until I wrote it off at Road Atlanta.

I ran it all over on the street on rain tires with a turbo muffler hanging across the rear bumper.

I'd been driving since my injury in 95 but this wasn't driving-it was total liberation!
    Those that haven't driven a well set up car on race tires will never know the feeling. I think Sam Schmidt does!
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ

So that's what one Million dollars worth adaptive equipment gets you. Not sure I'd want to be on the same track as him, let alone the street.
    T12 Complete since 1982. TiLite Tx

Back to the experience.....

Reminds me of Paul Newman, a couple weeks before his cancer overtook him.

His crew took him to Lime Rock (his home track and a great one) with his GT1 car on a weekday. He and this car had the track all to himself. He toured his old friend for a while, almost ameditation,then lit off a 600hp candle and did some seriously fast laps.
    They put the car back on the trailer.

Then he went home to JoAnne until he died.

I hope I am so lucky.
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ