Thread: Brown sequard other sufferers

Brown sequard other sufferers

Looking to communicate with other people who have got BSS C5/C6 incomplete 2006

Do you have a SCI? According to your profile, you do not. It is helpful to have a more complete profile for members here to share information with you about their personal stories.

If you use the Search feature here and put in the words "brown sequard" you will find a number of previous posts about this type of incomplete SCi. Welcome to CareCure!

(KLD)

I'm also BSS C5/6

I too have BSS, C5/C6 incomplete. Injury date July 2012.

I am also BSS. Injury date July 2014. Doctor called it Perfect BSS.

BSS due to spinal cord tumor. I was born with the tumor but it wasn't necessary to remove it until my teens when it started growing at a faster rate. Anyway, long story short, I woke up from the surgery and was paralyzed in one of my legs, had loss of feeling in the other. I recovered to a certain extent but still have a lot of difficulty walking. In recent years, some days are better than others, sometimes to a dramatic degree. I haven't figured out the triggers yet though. Any insight? I'm 37, by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhicks34 View Post
    BSS due to spinal cord tumor. I was born with the tumor but it wasn't necessary to remove it until my teens when it started growing at a faster rate. Anyway, long story short, I woke up from the surgery and was paralyzed in one of my legs, had loss of feeling in the other. I recovered to a certain extent but still have a lot of difficulty walking. In recent years, some days are better than others, sometimes to a dramatic degree. I haven't figured out the triggers yet though. Any insight? I'm 37, by the way.
    My story is very close to yours.
    I had a "radical corpectomy" performed on my cervical spine in January 2004 - a ended up with similar symptoms. Numb right leg, atrophied left leg. Periodic PT helped, but now I have to undergo Lumbar surgery to correct stinosis brought on by muscle imbalance in trunk - right side overpowering the left. For a while I was still able to walk some considerable distance with use of a cane. I'm hoping this surgery will bring back some mobility.
    I strongly recommend gym membership at a facility with devices like Nusteps and especially - a pool.
    Good luck.