Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: crow river lift

crow river lift

my lift works great except going up using swith on lift but when it fails none of the up switches work we have someone use the emergency switch in van which can be roough having to call or get a neighbor

its been to auto and they could not fix it found a loose toogle and adjusted it nope a handicapp van place in tallahasse had it 2 tims going back tomorrow braun sent the manual of trouble shooting

they said it works notin they could find but he was here i jumped on and yep it did not work got off got back on and played with switches and it went up he said run it till it quits at least i know how to get in in a pinch but i need to trust it

any ideas? i had to have neighbors get me in sat an sunday and when left they had to get me into come home but when i go to back to raise it works fine just when i am sitting and the toggle on leift yes its been replaced

help

Sounds like a bad wire connection, or ground problem.

Sliding door? If so, there is a proximity sensor that indicates when the door is full open. Otherwise the system shuts down and the lift won't work. If the door opens, but the lift won't work (seemingly), the first thing I do is give the door a little nudge to make sure the switch is made up. Usually solves the problem. Took me a while to figure it out.
    Know Thyself

Have similiar problems in past. Most times the Tech keeps cycling lift up/down, stow/deploy til acts up. Those times usually asjustment to "limit switches".
    Only twice that adjusting limit switches didn't work, once was grounding strap connection was bad and need stap installed. It was odd because if jarred lift, ram powerchair againist lifting arm, especially driver side one the lift start working again.
    Another time intermitement problem with lift functions we were on trip to Las Vegas, my brother got under van traced postive wire from battery to lift. Wire was unsecured in area that wind/vibration caused wire to touch exhaust pipe cause short. He spliced in piece of wire and made sure secured to frame and further away from exhaust.
    "Good Luck!"

Quote Originally Posted by Rustyjames View Post
    Sounds like a bad wire connection, or ground problem.

i agree but finding that has not been done yet as they say they hasve gone thru it but its there just got to find it

Quote Originally Posted by Rick1 View Post
    Sliding door? If so, there is a proximity sensor that indicates when the door is full open. Otherwise the system shuts down and the lift won't work. If the door opens, but the lift won't work (seemingly), the first thing I do is give the door a little nudge to make sure the switch is made up. Usually solves the problem. Took me a while to figure it out.
    no i hasve 2 doors that swing open

There could still be a switch, or switches. It's a safety feature to prevent the lift from being deployed into a closed, or partially opened door(s). Next time it happens, try adjusting the door position to see if it restores power to the lift. In my case, parking on uneven surface can tilt the vehicle enough to prevent the switch from lining up properly.
    Know Thyself

Quote Originally Posted by Rick1 View Post
    There could still be a switch, or switches. It's a safety feature to prevent the lift from being deployed into a closed, or partially opened door(s). Next time it happens, try adjusting the door position to see if it restores power to the lift. In my case, parking on uneven surface can tilt the vehicle enough to prevent the switch from lining up properly.

thank you i will try this morning would not go up she jump in got me up at mobility works for 3 hr off and on perfect

i get to walmart get ready to leave store you guessed it not worked but store employee got me in

Have had same problem. Next time try bumping rearward door. Good luck.

find someone who knows how to work on and repair your crow river lift.

is it a vangater or vangater II

how old is it.

there are a lot of different things that can be going on.
    jim
    Jim, MA, MMET
    Bridgewater, MA