Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many cut the back pockets off their jeans?

How many cut the back pockets off their jeans?

I was warned years ago about the back pockets on jeans and their potential to cause pressure sores. But I had still always just left them on. Although a pair I got recently, the corners of the back pockets just seemed a little thinker than my other jeans. So I had the pockets removed. Anyone else have their back pockets removed? If not, what kind of jeans do you wear?

My wife removes the back pockets and sews them on the side of the legs just below the knee. I keep my wallet in one of the pockets.

Quote Originally Posted by tprewitt View Post
    My wife removes the back pockets and sews them on the side of the legs just below the knee. I keep my wallet in one of the pockets.
    What a great idea, thanks.
    I always take the back pockets off, just to be on the safe side.
    T12L1 Incomplete Still here This is the place to be 58 years old

I don't wear jeans, but NL has always cut the back pockets off of dress slacks and sewed the pocket placket shut.

I buy wheelchair jeans. I have tried a lot of different ones and in my opinion the best are the ones by Endless Ability: https://www.endlessability.com/, am wearing a pair now (I am not associated with the company in any way, just like their products)

I buy made to measure jeans without back pockets (they're actually quite reasonably priced for my unreasonably tall/skinny ass), but when I had old jeans that fit me I didn't care about pockets. My ischiums aren't sitting on the rivets or seams so I don't see it making a big difference.

I do cut the buttons off of the back pockets of dress pants, but otherwise leave the rest of the pocket intact.

I don't wear jeans. I leave the pockets in but cut the buttons off other pants. For me it's a pain issue. Sitting on a button can feel like sitting on a nail.

I suspect the pockets and jeans pressure sore thing is an old wive's tale. If your cushion has sufficient floatation, what is between you and the seat pan should be irrelevant. Based on some 15 years of Levi's and a J2 cushion causing no issues.

Every year, the Friday before Houston Livestock and Rodeo begins is "Go Texan Day". We're allowed and encouraged to wear blue jeans to work that day.

I bought my husband a pair of wheelchair jeans from USA Jeans http://www.wheelchairjeans.com/ for the occasion.

I think they're well made in the sitter style of wheelchair pants. The denim is the same quality as good commercial brands.

Other than fitting in for the annual office photo, he doesn't wear them very often.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tprewitt View Post
    I have a couple like this, too. I usually take off the pockets, or buy "wheelchair" jeans. It's easy and one less potential complication. Although, it has shortened the life of my jeans considerably. They invariably rip where the pocket corners were originally sewn.
    A Buddhist monk walked up to the guy working behind a hot dog cart and said, "Make me one with everything."

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus