Thread: Hair transplant 15 years after brain injury??

Hair transplant 15 years after brain injury??

I was thinking of getting a hair transplant to make my hairline look a little thicker. Would there be a problem of doing this since I had a brain injury 15 years ago? The transplant procedure involves numbing my head, pulling little hairs from the side and back of the head and placing them where you want.
    C-5, 6 SCI. Took about 6 months to walk. Walking full time. Without any assistance since Nov. 2003 and will make a full recovery

No, there should be no contraindication to this. Did you have brain surgery or a scalp laceration at the time of your TBI? If so, the scar from this would be the only issue you would need to discuss with the provider doing this procedure.

(KLD)

No scars from the brain injury. They had to suction blood from my brain which left scars and I have halo 4 scars.
    Last edited by mj23; 06-26-2017 at 02:13 PM.
    C-5, 6 SCI. Took about 6 months to walk. Walking full time. Without any assistance since Nov. 2003 and will make a full recovery

OK, they may not be able to put hair into the scar areas, and if the scars are bound-down to your skull (the scalp is not free moving) this may create some problems in doing the procedure. Be sure to point out these scar areas to them when having your pre-procedure office visit.

(KLD)

Will do. Thank you for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by mj23 View Post
    No scars from the brain injury. They had to suction blood from my brain which left scars and I have halo 2 scars.