Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: insurance a joke

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    The EOB's that I get from BCBS seem rather scary, but with the vendor overcharging and getting sufficient money out of BCBS, everything works out perfectly for the last 5 years or so. The best part is that this vendor eats whatever co-pay I have and my yearly medical deductible, making caths at zero cost to me. PM if you want more info on the place I'm using...service is totally awesome as well.
    Same here Andy. My monthly EOBs from BCBS (for catheters) usually say I owe about $150, but my provider is charging something like $3k a month and getting most of it so my provider hasn't sent me a bill since the smaller company I was using got bought out by them. Knock on wood. My health savings account is directly linked with BCBS to EOB statements. So the money I put away tax free to HSA gets deposited back to me when the EOBs roll around. It's money taken out of my paycheck, but I get that $150 back every month until my HSA is nulled out because it was on the EOB as money I owed.

Sounds like the IRS is taking less of a bite, so that is always good.
    Last edited by Andy; 06-27-2017 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vjls View Post
    i called last night about a blood test dr order but they denied and i was talking she gave me 4 mored but i want to know cost how much mark up no way in hell does does a ducette cathe cost 25.98
    If you are paying out of pocket, buy from here. http://www.discountcatheters.com/poi...catheter-18-fr

It's the cheapest online supplier that I have found.

i have used shephard in atl for 10 yrs on supllies neve an issue till now was told my plan no longer ang good united hooked me uo to 1 identiall wrong

i called carol a month ago asking why supllies had dam near double don/t know you check plan called you have no network use who u want ok another sky high bill only this time i get the envople for united health

telling me shepard is not in network

now i called the 3 they gave me 1 does not do my supplies 1 apria no answer closed even at noon another 1 the get faxed script but i want to know cost and my cost

why is it such a big secret why can u not go on ine annd get price

i know i am going to talk to shephard and get my cost reduce to 20% i

Is your insurance Medicare?
    If so, are you using Original Medicare Plan or a Medicare Advantage Plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Brent K View Post
    If you are paying out of pocket, buy from here. http://www.discountcatheters.com/poi...catheter-18-fr

It's the cheapest online supplier that I have found.

i pay 20% medicare advantage

Quote Originally Posted by ChesBay View Post
    Is your insurance Medicare?
    If so, are you using Original Medicare Plan or a Medicare Advantage Plan?

i am so furious cathe ducette less than 9.00 charged 25.00 regular 11.00 charge on that site 5.00

American healthcare system FTW once again... or should I say for the fail???

Anyone know a site that ships to Canada for the Poeisis Duette cath? $75-86 just to ship to Canada there.
    Make America Sane Again. lol

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

i pay 20% medicare advantage
    I seem to hear more complaints about "Medicare Advantage" plans than traditional Medicare.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    Anyone know a site that ships to Canada for the Poeisis Duette cath? $75-86 just to ship to Canada there.
    Canadian customs wants their (big) cut. I think you'd have to stick with Canada based suppliers