Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Old Bitter Crips

Old Bitter Crips

lol ... how to deal with someone who is always negative? Like I know they are suffering, but so is everyone. They won't get out of bed or do anything to improve the quality of their life.

I find myself slipping that way sometimes and have to remind myself that I was lucky, lived a good life, etc.

I guess I'm referring to toxic people? Thing is - if you leave them alone, then they have no one. Almost feels like manipulation.

And rude! To everyone!
    Make America Sane Again. lol

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

I tend to just ignore the negative comments and only respond (or initiate) positive ones

It is hard to break this cycle. I feel like an old bitter crip and I am only 57. Reminding yourself of the good things helps and keeping busy. It seems I have no strength or will power most days but you keep going. After 11 years you would think things would get easier?

Blog Entries
    I'm only 46, 12 years in, and it's already getting harder. I'm pretty good at compartmentalizations, so ignoring pissy people still comes easy. Unless they're stupid, too. Then I'm usually compelled to throw some shade of my own. Purely for entertainment, of course.
    Last edited by Oddity; 06-22-2017 at 11:13 AM.
    A Buddhist monk walked up to the guy working behind a hot dog cart and said, "Make me one with everything."

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus

Get off my lawn!

Stay off the internet for a week. Facebook is a toxic swap, this place isn't much better. Go out IRL, people are much nicer. Grab a sammich.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    lol ... how to deal with someone who is always negative? Like I know they are suffering, but so is everyone. They won't get out of bed or do anything to improve the quality of their life.

I find myself slipping that way sometimes and have to remind myself that I was lucky, lived a good life, etc.

I guess I'm referring to toxic people? Thing is - if you leave them alone, then they have no one. Almost feels like manipulation.

And rude! To everyone!

I don't like people though. lol
    Make America Sane Again. lol

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Not sure you have to be old to be bitter.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    I don't like people though. lol
    A friendly dog usually cuts through the bitterness often intermingled with depression. The power of unconditional love does wonders. As for me, I am better, not bitter. lol
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

I am with you pets are helpful.