Thread: Blogging: Any software developer with the SCI

Blogging: Any software developer with the SCI

I have been a Quad for the last 20 years and started to write a Java programming blog for my own development. If anyone is in a similar field with similar interest, please feel free to participate or leave some comments.
    https://jihwan11.blogspot.com/

Do you do any web or iOS/Android based programming? Interested in working with another SCI sufferer on some disability-specific resources, if you are too? I've got a UI/UX/DB design/Solutions Architect background.

WheelchairDad, I do web programming, but completely back-end programming. Unfortunately, I do not know anything about mobile programming.

Quote Originally Posted by WheelchairDad View Post
    Do you do any web or iOS/Android based programming? Interested in working with another SCI sufferer on some disability-specific resources, if you are too? I've got a UI/UX/DB design/Solutions Architect background.
    I've have some experience with Android development. What kind of app did you want to make?
    c6/7 complete

I'm a software tester. I've been trying to get up to speed on JavaScript and Java in order to move into test automation (Selenium). There's a great site called "Glitch" that has samples of web apps in javascript - you can freely adapt the code that's up there. I will definitely check your blog, I'm always anxious to learn more.

Thanks

I've been a full-stack software developer for over 30 years now, mostly using Microsoft technologies. I was part of a team that created one of the first PC-compatibles, the Sirius/Victor 9000 and focused on BIOS and MS-DOS internals. The last few years have been primarily focused on front-end (angular, react, javascript, html, css, mobile, etc.) and back-end (c#, webapi, etc) work.

Quote Originally Posted by Davey View Post
    I've been a full-stack software developer for over 30 years now, mostly using Microsoft technologies. I was part of a team that created one of the first PC-compatibles, the Sirius/Victor 9000 and focused on BIOS and MS-DOS internals. The last few years have been primarily focused on front-end (angular, react, javascript, html, css, mobile, etc.) and back-end (c#, webapi, etc) work.
    Damn, wish I had just a fraction of that skillset!

Programming is not something I've ever really been that interested in. I've been messing around with websites for the last 12 years and for 10 of those years have used the Joomla! CMS software which takes all the hassle of having to write your own script. In fact, I think a lot of big organisations are now going down the route of using these predefined CMS's.

Blogging is very enjoyable as you can pass on your knowledge to other people. I would encourage anyone who is looking for something to do and maybe has a hobby or interest that they could share with others.

And there is no need to worry about not having any computer skills. Anybody can set up a website and blog without the need for any programming skills whatsoever. If you can type, you can start a website and blog

I work mostly on the web using PHP and prefer Laravel. Do all the front and development as well.
    C5 injury with partial C6 function on left.