Thread: Smartdrive Wristband

Smartdrive Wristband

So does anyone else have problems with these? They only last a couple months before they start falling apart. Does anyone know of a more sturdy solution?

I have the same problem. No solution yet. I call max mobility and they send me new ones.
    http://www.adaptivesportsforums.com/

I love sports! Wheelchair Basketball, Sled Hockey, Mono-Skiing, and Handcycling.

I had this problem. I cut the band on both sides leaving only one hole on each side and made a paracord band to replace it, still using the controller housing. Worked great and is very sturdy...and looks cool.

Quote Originally Posted by ParkinUpFront View Post
    I had this problem. I cut the band on both sides leaving only one hole on each side and made a paracord band to replace it, still using the controller housing. Worked great and is very sturdy...and looks cool.
    That sounds interesting, can you post a picture of it?

@outkastsl - Yeah I have done that as well, they are really cool about it. It would be nice to have a more stable solution.

Quote Originally Posted by ParkinUpFront View Post
    Yes, please post picture. My son goes thru these like crazy!!!

The band on the PushTracker is designed for most users. But if you have difficulty securing, it doesn’t fit quite right, or you wish to have one of a different color / material / pattern, the band can be easily replaced with essentially any 0.7" (18 mm) wide off-the-shelf watch band of your choosing.

Quote Originally Posted by dmccoyks View Post
    The band on the PushTracker is designed for most users. But if you have difficulty securing, it doesn?t fit quite right, or you wish to have one of a different color / material / pattern, the band can be easily replaced with essentially any 0.7" (18 mm) wide off-the-shelf watch band of your choosing.
    That would be awesome if I had an MX2+ but not very helpful given I don't.

The wristband is definitely the weak link in the system. It simply sucks and is uncomfortable.

I have to agree. The wristband is the only weak link. I'm hoping if they redesign it, and improve it, that the MX2 users can use it as well.
    Rollin' since '89. Complete C8