Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ready to upgrade! warning potential droll material ;)

Ready to upgrade! warning potential droll material ;)

Hey guys how's everyone doing haven't posted anything in a while

I am thinking of upgrade my Rigid Wheelchair (had it for over 7 years now! longest i have ever owned a chair) thoughts? any advise? although i have to admit i already filled out 95% of the order form as soon as i saw it just curious what you guys think.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Current Wheelchairs: Sopur Helium aka Quickie Q7 (lightest spec) rigid frame with Spinergy Spox Wheels
    Sopur Xenon same frame as the Q7 (lightest spec) folding frame With Spinergy LX (custom)

What chair is that-looks very much like something I want!
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ

Nope not an Argon2 @SCI-Nurse its the newly released Krypton R there is also a folding version the Krypton F. Saw it at my Medical store i went there to fix my Xenon folding chair (the entire wheel assembly broke off my chair while i was in it ) a 1 in a million failure he said. Anyways my rigid frame isn't bad or anything just my use changed (i have a handbike attachment on it) but i really don't do any handbiking anymore it isn't fun in Berlin nor safe for that matter and the previous versions they had are similar to my chair (no mayor overhaul) but this one really has me considering to upgrade plus i am a fan of Carbon fiber always wanted one many times i considered one and now since i saw this by my brand of choice there is a 99% chance i get one.
    Current Wheelchairs: Sopur Helium aka Quickie Q7 (lightest spec) rigid frame with Spinergy Spox Wheels
    Sopur Xenon same frame as the Q7 (lightest spec) folding frame With Spinergy LX (custom)

i Have been wondering has someone here experience with CF frames in terms of comfort? Cobblestones,bad sidewalks, etc compared to a standard aluminum frame is there a difference if any? would love to hear your opinions? Still haven't had a chance to do a test ride been very busy lately.

BTW here is a link to the Chair i don't see it available in the US looks to be EU only for (if Sunrise Medical ever plans to bring it to the US)
    http://www.sunrisemedical.de/rollstu...tuhl-krypton-r
    Last edited by Darkrider; 07-06-2017 at 10:36 AM.

Blog Entries
    I've test ridden a friend's Panthera X and it seemed normal to me. I had no idea how light it was while pushing it (it's only a few pounds lighter than my BT-Mg) but when I picked it up I was really surprised. Felt like any other ultra-light rigid frame I've used.
    A Buddhist monk walked up to the guy working behind a hot dog cart and said, "Make me one with everything."

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus

I have a motion composites Veloce Chair and really like it, it's a folder, but pretty much like a rigid when it's locked open. It rides very firm and is very tight. It's very light, the frame only weighs around 10 or 11 lbs. I don't think I could ever go back to a Aluminum chair as this one is so much more easy to load and unload from the car. They also do make a nice rigid chair called the "Apex". I've had the chair around 6 months now and it's holding up very good so far. I have the feeling is frame should hold together quite well for the life of the chair and if it does not there is a 5 year frame warrantee through Motion Composites of Canada.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

@oddity & @Curt Leatherbee thanks for the Input guys appreciate it very much.
    My current rigid chair isn't as much different to the new one in terms of weight just 4.2 oz ish (if my conversion is right) i doubt i feel a difference. Also same frame by the looks of it apart from 2 different position options for the front caster (wide=more stability Closer together =better maneuvering in tight spaces thats a new option with this chair. Should i be concerned about a CF chair in daily normal use? i would go with the clear coated option for protection. Must say the "bare naked carbon" is one of my fav in terms of looks but something tells me don't go that route. Anyone with experience in this?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Anyone? bare Carbon vs coated Carbon
    Can't figure out how to do a poll in here wasn't there a option to do one? #ohwell

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Leatherbee View Post
    I have a motion composites Veloce Chair and really like it, it's a folder, but pretty much like a rigid when it's locked open. It rides very firm and is very tight. It's very light, the frame only weighs around 10 or 11 lbs. I don't think I could ever go back to a Aluminum chair as this one is so much more easy to load and unload from the car. They also do make a nice rigid chair called the "Apex". I've had the chair around 6 months now and it's holding up very good so far. I have the feeling is frame should hold together quite well for the life of the chair and if it does not there is a 5 year frame warrantee through Motion Composites of Canada.
    Man... I'm really digging the Motion Composites Apex Chair. It has some really neat features and it's manufactured in Montreal which is in a province next door to mine. I especially love the front and rear wheels that come on it and that the front caster assembly and rear camber tube incorporate bubble levels. I noticed that the front caster assemblies are the removable type which allow you to widen them out for stability or to pull them in for a more compact footprint like on the ICON. How much was your Veloce?