Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ready to upgrade! warning potential droll material ;)

Composites are great for weight saving and vibration dampening (if properly laid up with the right initial fabric), but they are gawdawful in resisting damage from impact of any kind.
    T3 complete since Sept 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    Composites are great for weight saving and vibration dampening (if properly laid up with the right initial fabric), but they are gawdawful in resisting damage from impact of any kind.
    Thats probably why i Can't have their add on bike with it (which originally was my plan to have a new handbike as well) now since i have had time to think about it i go with the coated finish ain't gonna take any chances (the weight saving would have been nice but its better to be safe than sorry.
    Can you be a bit more specific with the impact damage? are we talking aggressively jumping curbs or repeatedly going down stairs? which i have quite a few in my apartment complex #teamnoelevator
    Current Wheelchairs: Sopur Helium aka Quickie Q7 (lightest spec) rigid frame with Spinergy Spox Wheels
    Sopur Xenon same frame as the Q7 (lightest spec) folding frame With Spinergy LX (custom)

UPDATE! (Long overdue) After months of delays and push backs I'm finally in the finishing stage of ordering my Krypton R 99.8% complete just need to figure out small stuff (optics related) and the financial part (this wheelchair is my most expensive yet) trying my best to get my insurance to pay for it all #fingerscrossed. Must say i am super excited for it ever since i have a slight problem with my Xenon (camber is way of on one site of the chair i don't know why. might take a look at it this weekend. Full specs coming!
    Current Wheelchairs: Sopur Helium aka Quickie Q7 (lightest spec) rigid frame with Spinergy Spox Wheels
    Sopur Xenon same frame as the Q7 (lightest spec) folding frame With Spinergy LX (custom)