Thread: Puhua Hospital in China

Puhua Hospital in China

Hi,

I'm new here so sorry if this has been discussed before. I am T12-L1 incomplete and am looking at going to China next January for stem cell treatments. I'm bound and determined that I'm going to run again. I was wondering if anyone had any advise on the matter. If you know of any reviews that I need to be aware of and/or any success stories. Anyone have any experience dealing with this hospital?

Thanks,
    Jennifer

First impression of their website-

-They don't have any clinical trial results
    -They claim to treat many different disorders
    -Their 'results' are based on case studies
    -They probably charge a ridiculous amount of $$$

The only way to know if a therapy is safe and effective is to test it in clinical trials. This most likely doesn't work, therefore they won't go through the trial process. If it did work, the world world would know about it. Looks like a complete scam to me.

Don't waste your money. If there was some sort of "cure" we would all have gone somewhere by now. But here we sit(pun intended).

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    The only way to know if a therapy is safe and effective is to test it in clinical trials. This most likely doesn't work, therefore they won't go through the trial process. If it did work, the world world would know about it. Looks like a complete scam to me.
    This is solid advice.

If someone had a cure they would be in large scale clinical trials. At this stage in the game if they are charging you money instead of paying you to participate in a clinical trial of unknown efficacy, they are just after your money and have nothing of medical value to offer (other than hope).

Quote Originally Posted by funklab View Post
    If someone had a cure they would be in large scale clinical trials. At this stage in the game if they are charging you money instead of paying you to participate in a clinical trial of unknown efficacy, they are just after your money and have nothing of medical value to offer (other than hope).
    More like "false hope". I hope that you do not pursue this obvious scam, quack procedure. Instead, spend your money on an intensive post-acute rehab exercise program. You are much more likely to benefit from this than this sham "cure".

Stay involved in this CareCure forum as well. If anything comes up that actually is effective, you will see information on it just about immediately.

(KLD)

What about the Neurogen Brain and Spine Institute in Mumbai, India? I've seen there name pop up several times on the clinical trial website.

Hi Jennifer,

All of these centres you mention are commercial centres aimed at getting your money. They know how desperate people with SCI are and play on that. Don't be fooled. As SCI Nurse says, if you want to get the very best out of your body then spend it on maximising what you have now.

I know this is what you want to hear but honestly, if there was ANY chance of repairing a damaged spinal cord we'd know about it...

Jennifer, the very best Asterias' AST-OPC1 stem cells administrated soon after injury aims to get back 1-2 levels neurological recovery as measured scientifically.

If you would like to see your potential recovery through remyelination, then save yourself a bunch of stem cell cash and test 4AP or better yet, 4AP-3-MeoH. More details at:

http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...CNS-conduction