Thread: Wheelchair Junkie forums gone?

Wheelchair Junkie forums gone?

I think Mark Smith's power wheelchair forum at http://www.wheelchairjunkie.com is gone. Haven't been able to access it for several weeks. It's a shame, it had some good information.

I just trying accessing it and it seems to work fine. Most recent blog post from Mark is dated 6/9/17. Perhaps it was down for maintenance?

(KLD)

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    I just trying accessing it and it seems to work fine. Most recent blog post from Mark is dated 6/9/17. Perhaps it was down for maintenance?

(KLD)
    That's not wheelchairjunkie.com. That's his blog powerchairdiaries.com. xsfxsf may be right, except that it *used* to have good information. If you kick out everyone that doesn't idolize and agree with everything you say, as Mark did, you end up with a forum that's pretty useless. It may just be down for maintenance/upgrade, but that forum hasn't had any good information in quite a while.
    Last edited by Davey; 06-15-2017 at 02:08 PM.

There's a good discussion about WCJ on WCD, http://www.wheelchairdriver.com/boar...php?f=2&t=6954. It looks like WCJ may be gone permanently via an HTTP 301 redirect (to artificially increase search results) to powerchairdiaries.com. It also looks like Mark was actually pretending to be some "Jeff" guy on WCD and WCJ. Pretty sad really.

Mea Culpa! I did not pay close attention. So sorry that this valuable resource has disappeared, only to be replaced by a personal blog that has input only from Mark. Maybe his recent "celebrity" has gone to his head?!! It might be worthwhile for those who relied on this resource (and who referred others there) to comment on the blog or his FB page. Takes me back to the Cando! days for this site!!!

(KLD)

We also lost apparalyzed not too long ago. Regarding wheelchairjunkie, I'm not sure of a good substitute for information on power chairs. You want a big forum with many users focused on just power chairs, which wheelchairjunkie was. There are some much smaller forums out there, so small they're hard to find. Here might seem at first like a natural choice, but actually a lot of power wheelchair users do not have SCI, so our equipment forum, although very useful, isn't set up to be a replacement for a whole site just on power wheelchairs.

People with mobility disabilities other than SCI/D are welcome on our forums.

(KLD)

Wheelchairdriver.com forums are the best out there Far more accurate information without any ego
    Quote Originally Posted by xsfxsf View Post
    We also lost apparalyzed not too long ago. Regarding wheelchairjunkie, I'm not sure of a good substitute for information on power chairs. You want a big forum with many users focused on just power chairs, which wheelchairjunkie was. There are some much smaller forums out there, so small they're hard to find. Here might seem at first like a natural choice, but actually a lot of power wheelchair users do not have SCI, so our equipment forum, although very useful, isn't set up to be a replacement for a whole site just on power wheelchairs.