Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Battery leaking! Anyone have this happen before?

i'll ad that i'd demand mk batteries as they are being payed the same price through insurance/medicare/medicaid and are providing you with junk made in china batteries to increase their profits. if you travel those leakers arent approved ...

The NuMotion tech came for the second time and installed the new MK batteries I had requested the first time. Last time he said he couldn't find any corrosion on the cables. This time he found obvious corrosion on one of the negative wires. I asked him to clean off the corrosion and he refused. He said "we don't clean connections, we just order new cords." He went away, and then I found out from Permobil that they no longer sell this cord!

I've been in touch with Chuck Lee, tech support manager at Permobil, and he's walking me through the repair by email. This is supposed to be the NuMotion tech's job! When I complained to the manager's manager, she said "this is your opportunity to teach him how to fix your chair." Lucky me. . .

Fortunately the Permobil manager thinks if I get the corrosion cleaned off, and replace the SLS box just to be sure, then I should be good to go. I'm going to go back to charging with my big Lester cube instead of the crappy no name charger NuMotion gave me last year. The Permobil manager said the NuMotion charger could be ok for travel but shouldn't be used all the time. Wish NuMotion would have told me that when they gave it to me!

NuMotion will only open a route to my area once a month, which really sucks. Going on 7 weeks now without repair results, and I'm sure they're going to make me wait another 3 weeks or more before they'll send the tech out again.

You should check each battery with a volt meter before you install them to make sure the voltage is the same. I wouldn't trust anything that company supplies you with. Your Lester charger will be fine for charging, just make sure the switch is set for gel batteries.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustyjames View Post
    You should check each battery with a volt meter before you install them to make sure the voltage is the same. I wouldn't trust anything that company supplies you with. Your Lester charger will be fine for charging, just make sure the switch is set for gel batteries.
    Yup, I had him check each MK battery. Thanks for the reminder on the Lester switch.

Numotion still sells MK you just have to ask and pay the difference if your batteries are funded.

Check the wiring harness to the batteries and the joystick.

Quote Originally Posted by RollPositive View Post
    Numotion still sells MK you just have to ask and pay the difference if your batteries are funded.

Check the wiring harness to the batteries and the joystick.
    Yeah, NuMotion told me they don't sell MKs anymore. When I talked to the manager and pointed out their cheap batteries leaked, then magically she said they would order the MKs for me. There was no mention of having to pay more for them - maybe because Permobil recommends the MKs for my older chair. I'm sure they don't make as much profit on them.