Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Reducing nerve pain without cognitive impairment

Whoa. You can get that from SCI stem cell therapy according to Wikipedia. Bummer.
    T3-T7 complete since Sept 2015

Quick update on my progress. I upped my Lyrica to 300 mg, 2x/day. The first two days there was no change in pain levels and I definitely felt loopier. Days 3-6 were great. Substantially lower nerve pain levels and the fogginess cleared up. Unfortunately, today is day 7 and my nerve pain levels are back to "normal" levels. I'm hoping it's just short term and a result of my imbibing a bit more than I should have yesterday evening. If I don't get back to days 3-6 pain levels within another 2-3 days then I'm afraid the higher dose just creates a new baseline for the brain to adjust to and, once again, start hurting. Stupid brain.

Thats sucks Mize. I've kinda came to a point were I'm feeling pretty raw most of the time with meds. I thought it was bad enough that I'd ween off it. No luck. I'm taking Lyrica 50mg, 6x/day. I also take the same of Tramadol.
    I thought of upping my Lyrica but even one more seems to bring the fog. I've would like to take it twice a day. Would 150mg 2x/day pretty much have the same effect?
    I can feel the meds wearing off at about 3 1/2 hrs., so it's kind like an alarm clock.

Quote Originally Posted by lonecoaster View Post
    Thats sucks Mize. I've kinda came to a point were I'm feeling pretty raw most of the time with meds. I thought it was bad enough that I'd ween off it. No luck. I'm taking Lyrica 50mg, 6x/day. I also take the same of Tramadol.
    I thought of upping my Lyrica.
    I'd love to wean off both lyrica and baclofen.
    Lowered my baclofen once and the morning hip flexor spasms were insane.