Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Quick release axle pins... ever take one apart? how'd they come apart?

Vancouver WA USA - - Male T4 ASIA B incomplete
    Just to be clear, which way do you think the internal rod comes out of the tube ?
    from the ball bearing end?
    or the button end ?

I'm saying it comes out from the ball bearing end, but the spring is still held in place and won't let the rod out ? I'm missing something that allows the spring to come out the button end? I'm guessing. Once I release the spring I'm pretty sure the rod will come out of the bearing end of the tube.

Quote Originally Posted by giles88 View Post
    Hey Will, sorry for the delay in replying. The inner rod is one piece and the straw/plum colored section is just heat treat color on the rod where it engages the detent balls. Yes, just the push button unscrews, at least on these axles. The aluminum cap has fine threads and they put a dab of thread locker on it. I can't see whats holding yours in, from the pics you posted it should be sliding out, but something is holding it in....even after you got radical on it with the punch.

I think your only solution now is a bigger hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by NW-Will View Post
    Just to be clear, which way do you think the internal rod comes out of the tube ?
    from the ball bearing end?
    or the button end ?

I'm saying it comes out from the ball bearing end, but the spring is still held in place and won't let the rod out ? I'm missing something that allows the spring to come out the button end? I'm guessing. Once I release the spring I'm pretty sure the rod will come out of the bearing end of the tube.
    Yes, that's correct. The inner pin comes out the ball bearing end of the axle. Once the push button cap is unthreaded, the whole pin and spring should just drop out, goes past the detent balls and doesn't get hung up on them.