Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So what is going on concerning sci research ?

So what is going on concerning sci research ?

I just mean nothing has been reported on whats going concerning chronic sci research or trials...is there any current clinical things happening...behind the scenes even? Kinda seems like everything is at a standstill
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Quote Originally Posted by lunasicc42 View Post
    I just mean nothing has been reported on whats going concerning chronic sci research or trials...is there any current clinical things happening...behind the scenes even? Kinda seems like everything is at a standstill
    LINK

Maybe the better question would have been, when's something coming to market.
    Make America Sane Again. lol

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Quote Originally Posted by GRAMMY View Post
    Is that the growth hormone as in the one that is used in body building as well? I always thought that when the time comes and try some upcoming therapy, I'd go with the best intensive PT along with the growth hormone for better results

Quote Originally Posted by Silvio GS View Post
    Is that the growth hormone as in the one that is used in body building as well? I always thought that when the time comes and try some upcoming therapy, I'd go with the best intensive PT along with the growth hormone for better results
    Patients received subcutaneous injections of growth hormone somatropin (Nutropin, Genentech) at 0.0125 mg/kg on 6 days/week, or placebo. In addition, the patients received intensive physical therapy for 2 hours per day for 6 months. Both groups were similar in age, body mass index, and waist circumference.

Always nice to see work being done. This is a different approach than most of the latest ones. I hope they continue to research it.

Quote Originally Posted by GRAMMY View Post
    Patients received subcutaneous injections of growth hormone somatropin (Nutropin, Genentech) at 0.0125 mg/kg on 6 days/week, or placebo. In addition, the patients received intensive physical therapy for 2 hours per day for 6 months. Both groups were similar in age, body mass index, and waist circumference.
    Better get started then
    Thanks Grammy!

Five levels sensation would put me at T8-T10. A nice improvement for feeling the chair so likely more balance. Still no bladder
    T3-T7 complete since Sept 2015

Grammy, where can we read some more about this? is there any paper or something like that?
    I'm wondering what sort of pt they had
    Last edited by Silvio GS; 05-25-2017 at 04:08 PM.

Does it say whether these patients acute or chronic?