Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So what is going on concerning sci research ?

Quote Originally Posted by nphuskers View Post
    Does it say whether these patients acute or chronic?
    http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/880536

Does it say whether these patients acute or chronic?
    "16 to 20 months from the time of injury"
    T3-T7 complete since Sept 2015

somewhat skeptical

Giving this a try seems like a no-brainer.

Getting a legal prescription in the United States does not appear to be very difficult.

Depending upon where you get the cost may be prohibitive.

While the study seems very legit there are things I find a little bit odd.

1. They discussed the subject's regaining sensory but not motor despite doing intensive physical therapy. This seems to be different than a lot of the other trials. Instead of been done.

Please correct me if I'm wrong

The China SCI.net discussed motor return.
    The virtual reality trial feedback I seen discussed mostly motor return.
    the vagus nerve feedback discussed motor return.
    Most of the epidural stimulator trials seemed to discussed motor return without a whole lot on sensory, although there does seem to be some people get sensory return so maybe I just don't know enough about that.
    many others discuss motor but not sensory return.

2. Has no one on this site ever tried this before? The benefits of HGH for body building and athletic performance have been well known for many years. I believe Barry bonds and many other major league baseball players ran into trouble because of HGH and Balco the company selling to them. And more recently, Peyton Manning was accused of using it. And there are many others.

It does not seem to be very difficult to get a prescription for this and there seems to be no shortage of people selling it over the Internet.

Personally, I never dabbled with bodybuilding, HGH, or steroids. Nor do I really know anyone that has. Just not my thing. never had an interrest. But, it would seem that may that is prevalent as this is someone would've been experimenting with it even with not the intentions of regaining motor or sensory function below the level of injury.

Hopefully someone can share their feedback on this.

If not, then i will share my feedback at her figure out the best route to go.

From what I understand, or strict building it takes a couple months until you really noticed any changes.

Even if there are no sensory or motor changes below the level of injury, this seems to be very beneficial for my exercise routine.

Quote Originally Posted by JAMESRRR View Post
    how would this contrast with GnRH as mentioned here?

http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...highlight=GnRH

Giving this a try seems like a no-brainer.

Getting a legal prescription in the United States does not appear to be very difficult.

Depending upon where you get the cost may be prohibitive.

1. They discussed the subject's regaining sensory but not motor despite doing intensive physical therapy. This seems to be different than a lot of the other trials. Instead of been done.

Please correct me if I'm wrong

The China SCI.net discussed motor return.
    The virtual reality trial feedback I seen discussed mostly motor return.
    the vagus nerve feedback discussed motor return.
    Most of the epidural stimulator trials seemed to discussed motor return without a whole lot on sensory, although there does seem to be some people get sensory return so maybe I just don't know enough about that.
    many others discuss motor but not sensory return.

2. Has no one on this site ever tried this before? The benefits of HGH for body building and athletic performance have been well known for many years. I believe Barry bonds and many other major league baseball players ran into trouble because of HGH and Balco the company selling to them. And more recently, Peyton Manning was accused of using it. And there are many others.

It does not seem to be very difficult to get a prescription for this and there seems to be no shortage of people selling it over the Internet.

Personally, I never dabbled with bodybuilding, HGH, or steroids. Nor do I really know anyone that has. Just not my thing. never had an interrest. But, it would seem that may that is prevalent as this is someone would've been experimenting with it even with not the intentions of regaining motor or sensory function below the level of injury.

Hopefully someone can share their feedback on this.

If not, then i will share my feedback at her figure out the best route to go.

From what I understand, or strict building it takes a couple months until you really noticed any changes.

Even if there are no sensory or motor changes below the level of injury, this seems to be very beneficial for my exercise routine.

Keep us updated as you try this
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Texas USA, female ************** T9 incomplete
    When I first read about injections that could improve neuro transmission, I was very impressed and hopeful. But with time, I've read about the dangers, too.

I didn't open an account at Medscape, so I only read the front article. Are the growth hormones causing tumors or cancer, i.e. neoplasms? Whenever we read of some improvement in function through use of growth hormones, the downside is usually that the researchers say, "Oh, but, by the way, you may notice yourself growing some rather intruguing new lumps, bumps, and adhesions all over the place,.. and we don't know where they will pop up next. But just keep taking the treatment and doing the pt. We will monitor your progress."

As an example of GH causing tumors and malignant tissue, I offer this research article:
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4357770/
    Female, T9 incomplete

I'm thinking that these articles are just not detailed about the full assessment of improvements.
    And I'm the same, even if there're no sensory/motor changes, I'd have nothing to lose, but just benefits for training, feeling better, more energy and strength, etc

Have you figured out a path to try this? I'm thinking that I will give it a shot as well.

Edit: Meant to reply to JamesRRR

Friday I went in and had all the necessary blood tests taken.

The doctors should have the results tomorrow or Tuesday and will make a recommendation as to where to get started.

I'm still in the process of researching everything to figure out what I think is the best approach to take.

I hope to get started with something by the end of the week.

I recently had some movements in my legs and so I am looking for this to complement my exercise regime.

I'm not guilty on the sensory or motor recovery, but honestly that would be enormous.

In researching everything I found that were approved indications are for AIDS patients to offset muscle wasting.

It has a number of other benefits.

If I get any return or anything that I think may be attributed to the HGH I will certainly bless everyone know.

I find it hard to believe that there's never been a trial on this or except for the one that was recently discussed

Have you figured out a path to try this? I'm thinking that I will give it a shot as well.

Edit: Meant to reply to JamesRRR

Executive functions in the spinal cord?

Check out these links:

https://www.statnews.com/2016/03/30/...reatment-ucla/

https://www.nibib.nih.gov/news-event...mise-paralyzed

This research has been alluded to a few places previously In this forum. But the idea that the spinal cord can Perform executive functions On the autonomic nervous system Is news to me . It might indeed be a breakthrough For younger SCI folks With newer injuries.