Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Raised Toilet Seat

Raised Toilet Seat

So for the past 24 years I've used Lumex raised padded toilet seats and it's time to replace my current one. WTH?! They are out of stock and on back order from the different places that I've looked.

I searched the forum with no luck, so what are any of you using?

Matt
    SCI Birthday: April 25, 1993
    T4,5,6 Incomplete
    Chair: TiLite TR3

Quote Originally Posted by stumpybushman View Post
    So for the past 24 years I've used Lumex raised padded toilet seats and it's time to replace my current one. WTH?! They are out of stock and on back order from the different places that I've looked.

I searched the forum with no luck, so what are any of you using?

Matt

https://www.google.com/search?q=Lume...+seat&tbm=shop

How about a ADA higher toilet and just a standard padded seat ??

Quote Originally Posted by RollPositive View Post
    https://www.google.com/search?q=Lume...+seat&tbm=shop

How about a ADA higher toilet and just a standard padded seat ??
    I need one with an opening so that I can do my bp.
    T4,5,6 Incomplete

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Now made by Graham-Field (bought out Lumex). Did you look here?

https://www.medshop.com/lumex-multi-...vDiRoCb-Tw_wcB

http://www.expressmedicalsupplies.co...8beRoC1jvw_wcB

(KLD)
    Medshop.com said that toilet seat was on manufacturer's back order until September and Expressmedicalsupplies.com never responded to my inquiry.

I've search several medical supply companies as well as tried amazon.com and they all say that the toilet seat is on manufacture back order. I just hope the one that I have holds out until I can get a new one.
    T4,5,6 Incomplete

I too recently discovered the Lumex raised toilet seat is not available. According to one supplier it was supposed to be available again April 2018 but now there is no date from Graham-Field. I've been using these without the splash shield for 40+ years.

Has anyone found a raised toilet seat (preferraby padded) with openings? Or know of any updates?

There are places that still seem to be selling the "Drive Padded Raised Toilet Seat", but I bought one a while back and the padding broke apart quite quickly. It didn't last at all like the Lumex. Alas, I have since resigned myself to a hard seat. I tried various pad inserts/covers, but none work for me.
    C-6/7 incomplete

My Dad needs a lot of padding and stability and has used the Activaid elevated toilet seat since he was injured. You buy the frame, choose the type of seat you want (size, thickness, design). It is not cheap. But it is the most comfortable padded seat we have found, and it was recommended by his OT during rehab.

They also came out with a new padded surface that is much more durable. The Comfortuff version. I would recommend that type of seat, it appears to be more durable - my Dad got this one last summer. Previously he had the standard cushion material and the padded surface cracked/broke down too quickly.

http://activeaid.com/products/raised.../model-101rts/

Once you buy the frame, you can buy replacement cushions in the future, as needed. Still not cheap though. I'm not sure how long the cushions will last, as this is the first time we got the Comfortuff version.
    Last edited by hlh; 01-21-2018 at 08:48 PM.

Thanks for the help folks. With no attachment to the toilet, the Activeaid models look like they would tip or fall if I missed a transfer or even leaned while sitting. (A few of their models look like electrocution chairs with chamber pots !). Again, thanks.

The ActiveAid is very stable, and you are more likely to fall from a raised toilet seat attached to the toilet bowl than from this one which sits firmly on the floor over the toilet.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.