Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CBD

Once legal, doctors, researchers, scientists will finally be able to collaborate and run trials to find effective doses. Until then it'll be left up to individuals to experiment. I'd advise for anyone not familiar with cannabis (and where it's legal) that you find a reputable source. Avoid anything not grown in a licenced grower under proper lab conditions. Otherwise who knows what you could be buying.

I haven't yet tried using CBD but definitely will be once fully legal in Canada and various brands that I'm interested in hit the market. I look forward to it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    That reminds me, I picked up a THC:CBD = 1 salve in CA as well and it works wonders on dysesthesia with zero psychoactive component. Previously I used a compound cream with ketamine, baclofen and more that helped but had a wicked rebound.
    What did they do to make THC non-psychoactive?! Seems strange...unless it was such a small dose, or you're a chronic from way back!
    "If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

Quote Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
    What did they do to make THC non-psychoactive?! Seems strange...unless it was such a small dose, or you're a chronic from way back!
    I know there are different strains of cannabis plant. And processes to extract. So to have a controlled small amount in a single dose is enough alone to avoid the psychoactive effects.

It's a topical balm/salve labeled "non-psychoactive" and it certainly hasn't been for me. I don't know how much THC it takes to get high with a transdermal entry point. I suppose if I tried to vape it or eat it, but then it has other ingredients like bees wax and coconut oil...probably not good to get those in one's lungs.
    T3 complete since Sept 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by royb View Post
    buylegalmeds.com has some awesome products they are a great company! I use the 850mg dabs and the cbd flower. I have tried cbd products from a lot of other companys and it had no effect.
    Have you used any of the coupon codes? I've tried a few but it comes back as not valid in my country. (USA) ???

THC and CBD are two separate chemicals that occur in marijuana. CBD is not "made" from THC.

Marijuana contains at least 80 chemicals called cannabinoids. Researchers are evaluating how effective some of these cannabinoids might be in controlling symptoms of certain medical conditions. For example:

• THC. An abbreviation for delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol, THC is the main component responsible for marijuana's mind-altering effect. It also may help treat signs and symptoms such as nausea and vomiting that are associated with a number of medical conditions.
    • Cannabinol and cannabidiol. These compounds have some of the properties of THC, but cause less psychoactive effects — the high.

Here is some further information: https://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/...stionID=000636

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    THC and CBD are two separate chemicals that occur in marijuana. CBD is not "made" from THC.

Marijuana contains at least 80 chemicals called cannabinoids. Researchers are evaluating how effective some of these cannabinoids might be in controlling symptoms of certain medical conditions. For example:

• THC. An abbreviation for delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol, THC is the main component responsible for marijuana's mind-altering effect. It also may help treat signs and symptoms such as nausea and vomiting that are associated with a number of medical conditions.
    • Cannabinol and cannabidiol. These compounds have some of the properties of THC, but cause less psychoactive effects ? the high.

Here is some further information: https://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/...stionID=000636

(KLD)
    All common knowledge. I was questioning how something that includes a 1:1 relationship of CBD to THC could be "non-psychoactive", as Mize posted was the case.
    "If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

Might want to look up how much typical THC gets to the blood system. The ketamine didn't seem to.

Was just discussing CBD in oral form with some former co-workers in law enforcement. 2ng/mL will be a warning and 5ng/mL will be impaired.

I've read that 2ng/mL (2 nanograms per millilitre of blood) would require a person to stop smoking/ingesting etc for 5-7 days before driving.

Useless. I have trouble, especially at night with sleep and pain and was hoping an oral dosage of CBD would help.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Might want to look up how much topical THC gets to the blood system.
    The ketamine didn't seem to and I'd be more worried about the rave drug over weed.