Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CBD

Same for me. Even at high dosage it does not affect my pain in any way, plus it tastes awful. I was told it would help with both spasticity and pain, but it did not work for me. Alcohol, in contrast, kicks my spasticity into overdrive.
    Last edited by Tetracyclone; 06-08-2017 at 09:00 PM. Reason: new detail

In order for to work – you need some THC. The THC helps the efficacy of the CBD through the entourage effect.

https://www.leafly.com/news/cannabis...icines-arent-g

Any new thoughts on using CBD for pain?

Anyone still trying to use CBD from hemp? If so, what type of product/doses are you using?

If you are using CBD dominant medical cannibis, what type of product/doses are you using?

I find CBD from medical cannabis (Harle-Tsu or Ringo’s Gift processed as for making RSO) to be pretty effective for spasms and pain in relatively low doses - .8-2 mg in 3 ml coconut oil.

Blog Entries
    Doesn't work at all for me. Regular cannabis doesn't really either, unless you count caring less about the pain effective "pain management". Shortly after using, my pain levels actually spike, until I zone out, and stop caring. Still hurts though.
    "If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

Quote Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
    Doesn't work at all for me. Regular cannabis doesn't really either, unless you count caring less about the pain effective "pain management". Shortly after using, my pain levels actually spike, until I zone out, and stop caring. Still hurts though.
    Well there's a couple things here. One, distraction from pain is absolutely pain management. If it makes you fuzzy headed that's not exactly worse than taking opioids which muddle the mind while creating addiction. So regular old weed is like being able to tune out the screaming child on the plane directly behind you. If you stop and try to notice the kid, he's screaming just as loud as before, but you can tune it out.

Two, CBD from hemp is not terribly useful. There's at least one study that showed CBD to be much more effective when it was derived from the (female) cannabis sativa strain that was hybridized to produce nearly zero THC and lots of CBD as compared to CBD from the male, hemp plant. I'll find a link, hang on.

Ah, here is a summary of it: https://www.projectcbd.org/science/c...hole-plant-cbd

I've read the actual paper and I've not read that link yet, but essentially the hemp-derived stuff has a effect that responds with a bell-curve from dosage; i.e. it starts to have an effect but with increasing dose it stops working. The female plant, with all the rest of the cannabis compounds has an increasing effect with dosage.

The real problem is standardization. While I was in CA recently I used a 1:1 THC:CBD vape oil pen that did wonders on my nerve pain with minimal buzz, but a second "1:1" vape pen had a much more subdued effect.

I also bought a 100% cannabis sativa CBD pen that was interesting because there was no head effect at all, but after an hour or so I'd realize I hadn't been experiencing the nerve pain at the higher level - i.e. it worked but the lack of the fuzziness made its effect less noticeable which is net good.
    T3-T6 complete since Sept 2015.

Stumbled on this today too: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21310467

Lots of terminology I'm unfamiliar with, but it would appear that there is some evidence CBD could help with bladder spasms.
    Sure wish Ohio would get their spit together so I could give that an whirl.

I'm waiting on a pre-auth for botox now since the funking oxybutynin is now less effective and more problematic (talk about fuzzy head!)

Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    The real problem is standardization. While I was in CA recently I used a 1:1 THC:CBD vape oil pen that did wonders on my nerve pain with minimal buzz, but a second "1:1" vape pen had a much more subdued effect.

I also bought a 100% cannabis sativa CBD pen that was interesting because there was no head effect at all, but after an hour or so I'd realize I hadn't been experiencing the nerve pain at the higher level - i.e. it worked but the lack of the fuzziness made its effect less noticeable which is net good.
    Yeah, this - the standardization. Or at least the provision of enough information that folks can standardize their own usage successfully. The dispensary I go to does gas chromatography on batches of product, so it’s possible to figure out not only how much CBD you’re getting but also look at the other terpene ratios and over time sort out what works best that way for me. I have tried various topical CBD products - when they’re effective they’re great, but often they’re inconsistent within brand and even batch. A good dispensary can really make a difference.

That reminds me, I picked up a THC:CBD = 1 salve in CA as well and it works wonders on dysesthesia with zero psychoactive component. Previously I used a compound cream with ketamine, baclofen and more that helped but had a wicked rebound.

buylegalmeds.com has some awesome products they are a great company! I use the 850mg dabs and the cbd flower. I have tried cbd products from a lot of other companys and it had no effect.