Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CBD

CBD

I had a serious back injury two years ago and had to go through three surgeries. I am always in pain but recently a friend told me to try cbd. Obviously it's not a complete solution but it helps me cope a lot. I recommend giving it a try.

What dose?
    T3-T7 complete since Sept 2015

Yes Mize, we are supposed to know all of these abbreviations.

I'm guessing:
    Cannabidiol (CBD). One of the most prevalent chemical compounds in the cannabis plant. Unlike the more famous molecule, tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), CBD is completely nonpsychoactive. CBD is often used by patients in the form of an oil. Patients with more chronic conditions such as cancer and epilepsy often use medical cannabis oil extracted from high-CBD varieties of cannabis.

Thanks GJ. I'm familiar with CBD but I want to know what a medically relevant dose is. It's legal in Ohio, but you can't find anything stronger than 12 mg/dropper of oil whereas I see dosing from Colorado, California, etc. of 100-150 mg/dose.

And, once again, there's nothing but *crickets* as to the dosage.
    Can anyone comment on typical therapeutic dose of CBD?

I just started using CBD oil.
    I order from a company in Colorado.
    The bottle is a 1oz bottle and the dropper is a 1ml dropper.
    I started out with the 300mg bottle and the recommended starter dosage was .5ml (5 mgs CBD) twice a day to total 10mg. At that dosage the bottle would supposedly contain enough oil for a 30 day supply.
    As I said, they recommend starting out at the .5ml
    I started at that with no result so then I went to a full 1ml dropper (10mg CBD) twice a day. At that dosage it did help my sleep some.
    To back up some......I have a terrible time sleeping because of leg *aches*.....not cramps or spasms.....they are deep aches that feel like they are coming from deep inside my legs. I've noticed that it sets in about 3 hours after I go to sleep and it seems to be attributed to a lack of leg movement while I am sleeping because during the day when I am up and I move my legs around during the day, I don't have the aches.
    So it seems to be a lack of movement that creates the aches.
    With that being said, I've been on opioids for the past 9 years since my TM onset. I tried pretty much everything else available for the pain of the TM and the opioids have been the only thing that has given me any kind of relief. My doctor has told me that I have a highly resistant system to most medications.
    So now back to the CBD..
    I was taking 1ml (10mg) twice a day for a total of 20mg a day and that started to give me slight relief during the night. I actually got an additional 2 hours of sleep.
    So now, I just started today, trying 2 full 1ml droppers (20mg) at once and I'll see how that goes.
    Of course at this rate, if I continue taking 2 droppers at once then the bottle will only last me for 15 days and the bottle was $29.99 and $6 for shipping.
    It is a cinnamon flavor and quite tasty.......
    I'll not name the company here but please message me for more info.....
    Basically, if I have to maintain this dosage of CBD then I will have to go to a bottle that contains a higher dosage of CBD and that bottle is $75 I believe....It's from another company and they don't charge shipping if the order is above $30.
    I have researched the CBD extensively and have pretty much narrowed it down to the best companies to order from based on price versus quality. There have been quite a few companies that were nailed by the FDA for falsifying their claims about the amount of CBD in their products and oddly enough, they were the first companies that I had considered ordering from, until I did more research.
    Message me on here and I'll send you the links to the companies that I've narrowed it down to......

BTW Mize.....I am in Ohio also....
    I live in Canton

Thank you!
    I had found some dosing on Reddit that was as high as 100 mg 2x/day. That gets super expensive and that's a lot of oil to be eating.

Maybe you can pm me the company name?

fwiw CBD never did anything for me YMMV

I've been experimenting, you might say, with cannabis. I've taken up to 60 mg of the CBD in capsule form. Primarily CBD is used to help relax muscles and help you sleep. I've found the 60 mg dose to help me with my sleep. My sleep could always be better though.

When you want to pain relief, you are more interested in the THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol) aspect of cannabis. This component gives you the "high" feeling whether you smoke, vape or ingest it. Here I have to take at least 70 mg as THC to get any nerve pain relief in my hands. At that point my hands will start to feel numb, which is much better than the feeling of someone standing on my hands. This dose of 70 mg of THC is slightly higher for me compared to non-SCI people using cannabis for pain relief. This is due in part being on opium based painkillers for several years and my body now has a higher tolerance or needs more for sufficient pain relief. I take it only at night to try and help with sleeping.
    DaDutchman
    C5/C6 since 2007 due to car accident