Thread: Help with pip

Help with pip

Hi i used to be on apparelyzed forum and there was quite alot of information regarding going from DLA to PIP, now my time has come to move from DLA to PIP and was wondering if anyone can give me and advise or help filling this form in, things i could put down to help my case etc anything that has been brought up that if you could of put down etc if you know what i mean, i think its just a uk things but all help is welcome, i have one question regarding it so i will ask to see what questions i mean, i said i use an aid to help prepare food or make food, does anyone actually use something to help them cook if so what is it and how does it help you? as i dont really cook i cant really answer this question or think of something to help, i have a few adaptions to my kitchen to help me get to things etc but i think they want more, thank you

Stove?
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ

In the British health and welfare system, PIP means Personal Independence Payment and DLA means Disability Living Allowance.

I did an internet search and found a number of sites that explain the questions on the application forms and provide help in completing the forms. My search terms were: "Completing the PIP form."

Q3: Preparing and Cooking a Meal
    This advice applies to England

What this question means

This question is about how your condition makes it difficult for you to:

• prepare a simple meal for one
    • heat it on a hob or in a microwave until it's safe to eat

The hob or microwave must be at waist height so the DWP is not interested in any difficulties you have bending down.
    It’s unlikely your idea of a simple meal is the same as the government's. It’s helpful to base your answers on this example: peel, chop and boil 2 large potatoes, open a tin of sweetcorn and fry a small piece of meat or fish.

Question 3a

Do you use an aid or appliance to prepare or cook a simple meal?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes

You should probably tick “yes” if:

• you need to sit down while preparing or cooking - a stool or similar counts as an aid
    • you have a prosthetic limb
    • you take rest breaks while preparing or cooking
    • you use an aid either all the time or sometimes

Question 3b

Do you need help from another person to prepare or cook a simple meal?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes

You should probably tick "yes" if:

• you're likely to undercook or overcook your food
    • someone helps, reminds, encourages, supervises or assists you
    • someone stays with you or checks on you to make sure you're safe
    • you're at risk of injury (like burning, scalding)
    • you need help but don't get it