Thread: Mouthstick users

Mouthstick users

I'm trying to gather some information on what everyone here uses to type, how many people actually use a traditional mouth stick, and which ones do you use? Are they custom-made, made yourself, are they head pointing? I'm not looking for information on the head tracker mouse, just mouth sticks.
    C4 incomplete since 1985

When I'm in my chair, I use a mouthstick (I use a headmouse in bed). It is a regular mouthstick that I had cut to the correct length. I have a mouthstick stylus for my tablet, that was made from an old metal mouthstick, some metal tubing and a stylus tip. I also have a mouthstick that was extra long, that had a string and small hook that I used to change cd's ad dvd's in my PC, but I haven't used it in a long time.

What my regular mouthstick looks like.
    https://www.4mdmedical.com/index.php...8x5xoCmIHw_wcB

We used to use mouthsticks made by Art Heyer at Extensions in Independence, but I believe this business is gone now. I am afraid Art (a high quad and engineer and the company owner) may have died. The website is gone.

(KLD)

I use the same "standard" mouthstick as Scott c4/5. I've been trying to think of a different design to it because the price of buying new sleeves and tips is a bit ridiculous when you go through them as fast I do. Due to gaming.

You might want to check out these: https://www.etsy.com/listing/64832134/mouthstick-stylus

(KLD)

Quote Originally Posted by jaemc View Post
    I use the same "standard" mouthstick as Scott c4/5. I've been trying to think of a different design to it because the price of buying new sleeves and tips is a bit ridiculous when you go through them as fast I do. Due to gaming.
    I use my typing stick without the sleeves. It takes a little getting used to but it'll save you from cleaning and replacing them. As for the tips you can use pencil erasers or the rubber tips from leg bags. (unused ones )

Quote Originally Posted by Scott C4/5 View Post
    I use my typing stick without the sleeves. It takes a little getting used to but it'll save you from cleaning and replacing them. As for the tips you can use pencil erasers or the rubber tips from leg bags. (unused ones )
    Holy shit. You are genius lol. Here I am trying to think of an elaborate make shift... Never thought about a pencil eraser.

Different types of rubbers work better than others (condom pun intended). Some have better grip and some last longer (pun intended again).

I wear a wrist brace with a stick in it that I put the bluish green rubber tip on. It has better grip and lasts longer than erasers, but are more difficult to come by.

I rarely use it anymore but my best mouthstick design was the "fishing pole" stick. It is about 24" long and has a string attached with a hook. I could change my cd/dvd rom's without assistance. One day I dropped my regular mouthstick into the floor (which might as well been the moon, almost) and I used it to pick it up. It took me nearly an hour and I was wore out afterwards, but I felt victorious. lol

I use the On-Screen Keyboard. It's easy to use!