Thread: IN SEARCH OF: Clinitron- Air Fluidized Bed for IN HOME

IN SEARCH OF: Clinitron- Air Fluidized Bed for IN HOME

Greetings all,

We are looking to get a Clinitron- Air Fluidized bed for in home. We have been told by some people that this is not possible, others have said it is.

We have insurance through Cigna and Apria-- we are based in Colorado-- not sure if it varies by state.

Does anyone have experience getting a Clinitron bed for in home use? Did you have to pay out of pocket? Did Insurance cover this?

Any help, feedback or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thank you kindly for taking the time to read and respond.

Hill-Rom has stopped making this bed, and most of their rental/sales vendors no longer provide them nor service them.

(KLD)

Rana McCollum,

While it is true Hill-Rom no longer makes or services this be it is still possible to get a Clinitron in your home. I have had one for a while now due to recurring pressure sores. I initially had a very hard time getting it covered by my insurance but eventually they did cover it. I got it through Star Medical (610-554-3367). If you are interested, give them a call. They specialize in wound care treatment and prevention products and are fully capable of providing, servicing and maintaining the bed.

Throughout my ordeal I've had the privilege of developing a relationship with many of the people there and we collaborate on some projects together. They are located in Philadelphia but I've already spoken with them about this and they said that they will do whatever they can to work something out with you even though you're in Colorado. They will work with you to get it approved through your insurance and they will also work with you to make sure you have a bed during the approval process so you're not worsening while you're waiting for approval. It took me almost a year to get approval but they made sure I had a bed the whole time and we worked out a financial agreement between us in the mean time.

I hope this works out for you. Let me know if I can be of any further assistance. Good luck.