Thread: I loved your response.

Post I loved your response.

Thank you
    Last edited by Dbryson; 05-20-2017 at 06:02 PM.

Post I loved your response.

Thank you
    Last edited by Dbryson; 05-20-2017 at 06:03 PM.

Just waiting for the response of our members to someone without a SCI/D, and who is a "medical student", claiming to be more expert in wheelchairs than they are!!!

Since this is advertising it was moved to the vendors and manufacturers' forum, and the OP is limited to any further posts or ads to this forum and thread only.

(KLD)
    Last edited by SCI-Nurse; 05-16-2017 at 11:53 AM.

OMG, I've never seen such trash that's posted on that website . LOL,The sport reclined wheelchair is perfect for the basketball court or Quad Rugby. I feel sorry for those looking for good product information that come across this website. Not only is the website uniformed; it can be considered dangerous for those seeking information on good products.

I'd really like to write what I think about sites like "Chair Expert" but would have to go to confession for pentance after.

Junkdealer.com

I read the "About" section on the website. This student wrote he was studying for MBBS. Well, anyone who has been on this forum for even just a little while knows a pet peeve of mine is acronyms and abbreviations that are unintelligible to all but a few. So, according to Wikipedia: "MBBS, Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery, or in Latin: Medicinae Baccalaureus, Baccalaureus Chirurgiae (abbreviated in many ways, e.g. MBBS, MBChB, MBBCh, MB BChir (Cantab), BM BCh (Oxon), BMBS), are the two first professional degrees in medicine and surgery awarded upon graduation from medical school by universities in countries that follow the tradition of the United Kingdom. The historical degree nomenclature suggests that they are two separate undergraduate degrees; however, in practice, they are usually treated as one and conferred together, and may also be awarded at graduate-level medical schools. In countries that follow the system in the United States, the equivalent medical degree is awarded as Doctor of Medicine (MD)."

With that out of the way, the website http://thechairexpert.com/ is clearly not written to attract members of this forum or with members of this forum mind. Most of the wheelchairs reviewed remind me of hospital issue chairs of 35 and 40 years ago. There is no mention of lightweight manual chairs or power chairs or commode/bath chairs, (only benches and seats). The MBBS is conferred after completing medical studies in some countries outside of the United States and equivalent to an MD (Doctor of Medicine) in the United States. I don't mean to start another discussion here debating changes to the medical system in the United States, but if the products presented on this website represent the best of the best equipment available in some parts of the world, the medical consumer, especially those with spinal cord injuries, in the United States is in for a rude awakening and a definite downgrade in available medical equipment.
    Last edited by gjnl; 05-16-2017 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    ... There is no mention of lightweight manual chairs or power chairs ...
    Absolutely not to be argumentative, but that second chair they show is sort of a cheap light weight foldable power chair. It retails for about $2,000, and is a product of China. Why that temporary use thing could be picked as best shows total lack of knowledge of best wheelchairs.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Dbryson View Post
    Guide to the best Wheelchairs, Bariatric commodes & Bathing chairs of 2017
    Bollocks