Thread: MPJ+ Joystick Speed Control Too Easy

Denver, Colorado USA ---- C5/6 Complete 1985

MPJ+ Joystick Speed Control Too Easy

This Invacare joystick is nice, but the speed control knob (on the right) turns too easily. My hand always ends up pushing it to max. The supplier says there is no way to give it more friction, to make it harder to turn. Has anyone solved this problem? If nothing can be done, I will just program the 4 speed modes as my only speeds and always drive on max.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "The primary cause of unhappiness is never the situation but thought about it. Be aware of the thoughts you are thinking. Separate them from the situation, which is always neutral. It is as it is."
    --Eckhart Tolle

Try putting a piece of tape on the side of it all the way across so it won't slip off.

After thought: A tight band aid on the side would allow it to slip, yet might tighten it up a bit. Or put the band aid on top and adjust the speed from the side.
    Last edited by nonoise; 05-16-2017 at 02:32 AM.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

You could try removing the knob and looking for a different style of knob on eBay. Usually knobs are pushed onto a spline, or clamped onto a shaft by means of a grub screw. NB make sure you get the new knob in the correct orientation.

Alternatively remove the knob and put a rubber or fibre washer between yhe knob and the housing. That should create some friction.
    Last edited by Night_Owl; 05-16-2017 at 04:37 AM.