Thread: Adult acne and antibiotics question

Adult acne and antibiotics question

Adult acne question ...I am 34 and it's not major; it just irks me...but when I get a uti and take the anti-biotics my face clears up. Anyone know the mechanisms behind that and if I can take anything lesser than the antibiotics for a uti that will clean up my acne just as well?...I was suggested something topical like numerous face washes but it's when I take something internal such as the antibiotics for uti my face clears up, topical cremes don't work so well for me
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Have you seen a dermatologist?? Adult acne is difficult to treat, but sometimes topical antibiotics or antiseptics are used.

(KLD)

Where are you getting the acne? I suspect a lymphademic co-relation.
    Make America Sane Again. lol

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

The first couple of years after my injury I had some issues with acne myself too. I first assumed it was something only hormonal related. I have a more oily face and scalp probably due to an overproduction of sebum, which can be caused by the excess of the hormone called dihydrotestosterone(DHT). Now the oil on your face can block pores and is a good environment for the bacteria to flourish and create the spots. But I also think that somehow it has something to with losing the ability to sweat as well.
    Anyway, beside having a very good diet and being a very clean person myself, I tried a lot of face cleansers and creams, nothing seemed to really work, but a cream called Acnecide which contains 5% benzoyl peroxide. This one did its magic and got me rid of the spots. I used it everyday at the beginning, but now I only have to use it every two three days. I apply it on freshly washed face and rub it in until I feel like it's exfoliating.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    Where are you getting the acne? I suspect a lymphademic co-relation.
    My face, like chin, cheeks and crack of nose
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature