Thread: sweating

sweating

I have been sweating for a day and a half bp good no temp no uti bowls ok no swelling no headache hate to go to er and explain every thing about ad to them t3 complete

T-10 Para post 24 years. This has happened to me on many occasions. It's usually your body telling you something is wrong below your level of sensation. Here's two examples of what I found. I took off my shoe my pinky toe got caught in my sock. It was pulled out to the side I didn't see it and forced my shoe on. Another time well embarrassing I was sitting on my twins down there. I have no sensation so I couldn't tell I was sitting on them. Good luck!

If your blood pressure is not elevated from your normal, it is not AD.

Inappropriate sweating can occur in the first 1-2 years post injury, but you are beyond this. It can unfortunately also be a symptom of a syrinx. Are you sweating above your injury level or below, or both? Any other neurologic changes noted recently?

(KLD)

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    If your blood pressure is not elevated from your normal, it is not AD.

Inappropriate sweating can occur in the first 1-2 years post injury, but you are beyond this. It can unfortunately also be a symptom of a syrinx. Are you sweating above your injury level or below, or both? Any other neurologic changes noted recently?

(KLD)
    no other changes what is a syrinx ? spoke to a friend from rehab thinks i can wait till monday ?

A syrinx (also called syringomyelia) is a fluid filled cyst inside the spinal cord. They are common right at the level of the spinal cord damage, but for some people, they can grow. If they grow above the injury level, they can cause loss of sensation or even strength where you had intact sensation or strength. An MRI is usually needed to make the diagnosis.

Sounds like you can wait until next week to see your physician. The diagnosis of a syrinx also requires a extensive examination, and you may need further evaluation by a neurosurgeon who is very experienced in the management of post-traumatic syrinx and/or tethered cord syndrome.

(KLD)

thanks i'm also thinking ingrown townail checking everything again on townail is a little red

Again, if your sweating was related to autonomic dysreflexia (AD) your blood pressure would be elevated.

(KLD)

Blog Entries
    I am on oxybutinin. If I go off it, I sweat constantly. My sweating is confined to the left side of my head and my left shoulder.
    Tom

"Blessed are the pessimists, for they hath made backups." Exasperated 20:12