Thread: Damn cushion let me down

Damn cushion let me down

Honestly, I could tear my hair out at the moment. Three weeks ago we discovered a purple blood blister type mark on my backside. It had a small break in the middle lot that like a V shape. Anyway, I've just spent the last three weeks healing it completely to the point where I'm able to get up again. To be honest we couldn't work out how it happened. I was convinced that it was trauma caused by me jolting when I was going in and outs of the yacht club one evening, maybe there wasn't quite enough air in the cushion. Anyway, got up yesterday for a few hours and went back into bed and check my backside, all looked great. Got back up in the evening and stayed up for about four hours. This morning I found almost the identical thing on my backside, only not quite in the same place, about 1 inch to the right. I checked my cushion and we realise that the had deflated quite a bit. So it turns out there was a problem with the cushion after all.

I just sent the Roho back to a place in the UK that cleans and mends them.

Good job I can keep myself busy in bed. I've got this fantastic wall bracket which holds my television. That means I can position the television to any position so if I'm relying on my side I can bring the television right down so I've not got to struggle to watch. Have also got my PC next to the bed so I can carry on working and do what I normally do when I'm sitting up. I just wished that this had happened during the winter and not when the weather is just getting nice.

Texas USA, female ************** T9 incomplete
    That's too bad. How could the cushion do that? I have a Roho, too.
    Female, T9 incomplete

So sorry. Roho is a good cushion, but only if properly inflated, which makes it a fairly high maintenance cushion. You have to be constantly vigilant about its proper inflation, and leaks can be caused by a wide variety of environmental causes. Examples of sources of leaks I have seen are cat claws, kids with scissors, welding or woodworking debris, etc.

Glad you can stay off the breakdown area. I would strongly encourage you to get a new seating evaluation with some other cushions which aren't such high maintenance, but provide you with sufficient seating pressure reduction.

(KLD)

I've had a few Roho's fail/pop. But I haven't found a better cushion for my booty so I stick with what works.

I hope you heal quick!

Roho is the Worst cushion I've ever tried. Especially for women as the rubber cells make for a lot of sweating in that area. As KLD says, they work; but only if they are properly inflated. I was just pressure mapped and ended up with a Ride Java cushion. Once I got used to the donut hole it's working really well.

I have empathy for you NQ. I'm just back sitting again after 21 weeks total in the last year spent in a Clinitron bed.

I agree Roho is one of the best cushions for skin protection. Own a dme store been selling cushions for 15 years. My rule of thumb is for most of my Quad clients always push Roho. A lot of them don't have the ability to do weight shifts all day. Roho seems to offer the best skin protection and less skin breakdown. I myself have been in a Jay extreme bladder cushion for ever. Now it's been replaced by the jayx2. I have never had skin break down because of my cushion.

love my roho but as everyone has said make sure it is inflated properly and check often! absolutely the best cushion i have used! i had a gel then foam and gel and now the roho and the roho is the best one i have had.
    T6 incomplete from MS and an aortic aneurysm surgery that went bad.