Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dr. Reggie Edgerton at the Summer Open House

Quote Originally Posted by lunasicc42 View Post
    I think that every year the summer open house is like a special open house ...I might be wrong but that was my assumption
    That is correct. The past few years they have combined the July and August open houses into one bigger event, on a Thursday, in July.

Quote Originally Posted by tomsonite View Post
    That is correct. The past few years they have combined the July and August open houses into one bigger event, on a Thursday, in July.

recent presentation reggie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dbC6IuMj8I&t=139s

Open Houses are not streamed/recorded because unpublished studies/data can not be presented publicly. Also, Wise often shares behind-the-scenes details and doesn't want to censor what he says to our guests. I did stream a few Open Houses in the past and Wise was attacked here for some of what he said.

I share all the details I can in the Cure Forum.

"I did stream a few open houses in the past and Wise was attacked here for some of what he said."

I recall that and do think it was quite unfortunate and not streaming them anymore because of that is understandable...but do you think it would be Acceptable to just stream the summer open house and I think we can learn from last time and not get overly-analytical this time around
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Open Houses are not streamed/recorded because unpublished studies/data can not be presented publicly. Also, Wise often shares behind-the-scenes details and doesn't want to censor what he says to our guests. I did stream a few Open Houses in the past and Wise was attacked here for some of what he said.

I share all the details I can in the Cure Forum.
    I've found the same to be true in other conferences where scientific data or clinical trial results are being discussed. The live stream idea with unpublished data isn't a good mix. The presentations we put online have had the speakers review and edits made where necessary. The video's going up online take some time to edit unpublished material out, so the presentations aren't instantly uploaded to Vimeo or on our science blog. It's the nature of the beast if one is not personally attending the event.

Open House
    Jim, for this summer open house on Thursday July 20th, is Wise Young also speaking that same night? Is it just Thursday night or is this a multi night conference? My wife and I are trying to figure out the logistics. I would like to attend.

Wise will also be speaking mainly, about the upcoming clinical trials. It is just one night. I can give you hotel info with our Rutgers rate.

Wise will also be speaking mainly, about the upcoming clinical trials. It is just one night. I can give you hotel info with our Rutgers rate.
    That would be great, thank you. I think we will only stay the one night and then hit Washington, DC for some sight seeing on the way back home.

Jim what is the closest airport to Rutgers?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky831 View Post
    Jim what is the closest airport to Rutgers?
    About 30 miles from Newark.