Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dr. Reggie Edgerton at the Summer Open House

Quote Originally Posted by nrf View Post
    About 30 miles from Newark.
    Is that Newark Liberty International Airport?

Sparky, so you're doing it , so cool!
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky831 View Post
    Is that Newark Liberty International Airport?
    Yes.

Well I want to go, but the problem that I will face when I get there is transportation and were to stay of course. Do you guys know if there’s some kind of wheelchair van transportation?

You would have to get from Newark Airport to the hotel, hotel to our Center, back to hotel, hotel to airport. I don't have a van or I would pick you up. Do you use a manual chair? If so, how are your transfers to car?

Is there a hotel that is very close to Rutgers? One that wouldn't require transportation? If so what is the price range? Yea I use a manual chair and my transfers to car suck at the moment as it's been a while since I've practiced doing it. I think I would probably just take a cab (one that would have a a wheelchair ramp) from the airport to the hotel or do you know if there's a train/rail or bus that will take you from the airport to Rutgers?
    Last edited by Sparky831; 07-08-2017 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    You would have to get from Newark Airport to the hotel, hotel to our Center, back to hotel, hotel to airport. I don't have a van or I would pick you up. Do you use a manual chair? If so, how are your transfers to car?
    Hey Jim I emailed you and the SCIProject. I also called and left a message hopefully you guys can get back to me.

Unfortunately, there isn't a hotel that is close enough.

Renting a van looks like your cheapest option- http://www.ftmobility.com/wheelchair-van-rentals

Holiday Inn Rutgers rate is $109.

Thanks for the info Jim really appreciate it. I was kind of hoping to find a Taxi company that had wheelchair accessible vehicles, but it seems like none of them do.
    Last edited by Sparky831; 07-11-2017 at 01:50 PM.