Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dr. Reggie Edgerton at the Summer Open House

Dr. Reggie Edgerton at the Summer Open House

I'd love to be able attend to this open house, but it's quite impossible for me, and I imagine I'm not the only one in this situation. I think I read before, and I hope I'm mistaking, that there's no video recording at the open house. But I'm really interested in this presentation in particular, and I'm wondering what way can we hear it. Maybe Jim has an answer

Would be nice if they would live stream it or at least upload a video about the presentation.

It would be great if they could do a better job at reaching out and educating all of those that are interested in the progress of their solution.

The last I heard was from the Work to Walk presentation.

Other than that, I have heard absolutely nothing.

Don't they have any developments they can share with us?

What are the time frames this might be available?

They have to be doing a lot of these presentations.

Why don't they take more of an interest in posting videos of these presentations or any other information that may have on their website?

For those that are most interested in it it seems to be a mystery.

Why not monthly or quarterly newsletter? Anything.

This seems to be a solution that can provide a meaningful impact in the system of time, but it is very difficult to get any updated information.

It is very frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky831 View Post
    Would be nice if they would live stream it or at least upload a video about the presentation.

NRT raised a substantial sum (multiple millions of $$) over the last few months in order to build their FDA prototype, transcutaneous stimulator. That effort is underway with a goal of clearing the FDA and securing a Medicare code within two years. During those two years there are to be multiple trial sites including sites in the US, Ireland, Canada and Australia. Already there are sites (such as Mayo) replicating earlier UCLA studies using older prototypes.
    We all wish this would go faster and I'm certain NRT will push as hard as they can to speed things up.
    T3-T7 complete since Sept 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    NRT raised a substantial sum (multiple millions of $$) over the last few months in order to build their FDA prototype, transcutaneous stimulator. That effort is underway with a goal of clearing the FDA and securing a Medicare code within two years. During those two years there are to be multiple trial sites including sites in the US, Ireland, Canada and Australia. Already there are sites (such as Mayo) replicating earlier UCLA studies using older prototypes.
    We all wish this would go faster and I'm certain NRT will push as hard as they can to speed things up.

thanksmize.

helpful and encouraging.

Same open house that Wise Young will be giving a SCInet update?

Yeah it's at the Rutgers University.

is anyone going
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

You heard about the four men who had stimulators implanted in their spinal cords and when the stimulators were turned on, they were trained to move their legs. The featured speaker at our Summer Open House will be Dr. Reggie Edgerton, known as "The Father of Spinal Cord Stimulation", who developed this process and is the leader in the field. Dr. Edgerton will talk about what works, what doesn't, what has been learned thus far, and the status of clinical trials. He also will share the next steps including research on how this procedure might help people who are quadriplegic. Bring your questions!
    Plan now to be here on Thursday, July 20th to hear Dr. Edgerton. Research displays, exhibits, vendors, and refreshments open at 4:45pm. The program starts at 6:05pm. Free parking is available in Lot 56 in front of our building. There are several hotels nearby. Please email or call with any questions.
    I thought they were on the first Friday of each month? That is why I'm questioning if Wise Young will be there or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrington314mx View Post
    I thought they were on the first Friday of each month? That is why I'm questioning if Wise Young will be there or not.
    I think that every year the summer open house is like a special open house ...I might be wrong but that was my assumption
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature