Thread: FYI Dragon NaturallySpeaking version 15

FYI Dragon NaturallySpeaking version 15

Dragon NaturallySpeaking version 15 has been released, according to tech support. Got really perturbed after buying version 13 and finding that these are the only supported applications for version 13, and it's a pretty skimpy list. When you have to use DragonPad as a compatible application, you have gone beyond ridiculous.

The following applications have been tested and are compatible with Dragon NaturallySpeaking 13:

Windows Explorer: On Windows 7 and Windows 8.1
    Internet Explorer 9.x, 10.x, 11.x: Full Text Control, Menu Tracking, Natural Language Commands, and ability to say links.
    Mozilla Firefox 29: Full Text Control, Menu Tracking, Natural Language Commands, and ability to say links.
    Google Chrome 35: Full Text Control, Menu Tracking, Natural Language Commands, and ability to say links.
    DragonPad: Full Text Control, Menu Tracking and Natural Language Commands.
    Windows NotePad & WordPad: Full Text Control, Menu Tracking and Natural Language Commands.
    Microsoft Word (Office 2010 and 2013) : Full Text Control, Menu Tracking and Natural Language Commands.
    Microsoft Excel (Office 2010 and 2013): Full Text Control, Menu Tracking, Natural Language Commands.
    Microsoft Outlook (Office 2010 and 2013): Full Text Control, Menu Tracking, Natural Language Commands.
    Microsoft PowerPoint (Office 2010 and 2013): Menu Tracking and Natural English Language Commands.
    OpenOffice Writer 3.x, 4.x: Full Text Control, Menu Tracking and Natural Language Commands.
    Corel WordPerfect X6, X7: Full Text Control, Menu Tracking and English Natural Language Commands.
    Compatibility is only available for an English or French installation of Corel WordPerfect.
    Mozilla Thunderbird 24: Menu Tracking and Natural Language Commands (Professional and Legal only).
    Compatibility is only available for an English installation of Thunderbird.
    Windows Live Mail 2012: Menu Tracking and Natural Language Commands.
    Lotus Notes 8.x: Menu Tracking and Natural Language Commands (Professional and Legal only).
    Compatibility is only available for an English installation of Lotus Notes.
    Microsoft Lync 2010: Full Text Control, Menu Tracking and Natural Language Commands.
    Microsoft OneNote (2010 and 2013): Full Text Control, Menu Tracking and Natural Language Commands.

Am I the only one who has some trouble with some of the claimed Dragon compatibility?

Most notably, Google Chrome has some issues. I have the Dragon extension installed for Chrome. I can type text in text boxes on many pages, but some pages (e.g. Facebook) don't let me type anything. When I click in a text box and try to type, the page just scrolls down. Also, I never have the ability to save links.

If you think v13 is limited try Dragon for Mac! Evidently they have 1 mac programmer for every 100 they have on pc yet prices are not that different. I even bought v13 to run on win10/parallels it is way better than the Mac version, v15 should be better again.

In my quest to make the fastest, most functional voice activated computer system decided it was time to reconfigure the software that was installed on my machine.

Have been using Microsoft Office 2007 and looking at the available spreadsheet and word processors that are supported by DNS decided to upgrade my Microsoft Office to 2016. Purchased a downloaded version from eBay for ?25 and plan on upgrading my essential application to run off my SSD drive.

This will be Microsoft Office, Dragon NaturallySpeaking, Intellect, Firefox, Chrome, an other applications that I have room for.

The problem will be I have to redo the whole computer because I have a pair of 2 TB hard drives and two 500 GB SSD drives and everything does not point to those drives, because of numerous upgrade installations.

In my attempt to get DNS working correctly, upgraded my hardware to address 64 GB thinking more power for voice recognition. But as my original post shows it has a lot to do with software compatibility rather than raw computer power.

Little by little, I will keep all my applications, actually very few that are not web-based,, freshly installed on the SSD drive.