Thread: Adjusting the back canes on a new TRA

Adjusting the back canes on a new TRA

Can anyone provide some TA on how to adjust the angle of the back canes on a Ti Lite TRA to a 90 degree angle? Thanks, Rebecca

What kind of seat back do you have?
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

My husband has a similar backrest cam. I've never changed the angle, but I have tightened it over time if it feels loose. It looks like it should be pretty easy if you follow the directions. Is there anything you are having problems with?

Added: There is a chance that they have used Loctite on the screws, and you may need to warm them up with a hair dryer if they do no release easily.
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Thanks elarson and night owl. Actually about 5 minutes after I posted I realized I had a ti lite manual that came with the chair, and as night owl posted, a digital one too. DUH for me! It's taken care of but thanks to both of you.