Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Myocycle

Quote Originally Posted by mjwrides View Post
    how much do these bikes cost? I didn't see it on the websites
    We just got FDA clearance for the MyoCycle, and it's a lot more affordable than the alternatives. Check out MYOLYN for more info. QuadmanJr's response is accurate for the RT300s. MotoMed with FES is in the same range.

Vancouver WA USA - - Male T4 ASIA B incomplete
    How about a video of a paralyzed person hooking up and and using the myocycle?

http://myolyn.com/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Bellman View Post
    We just got FDA clearance for the MyoCycle, and it's a lot more affordable than the alternatives. Check out MYOLYN for more info. QuadmanJr's response is accurate for the RT300s. MotoMed with FES is in the same range.

Quote Originally Posted by NW-Will View Post
    How about a video of a paralyzed person hooking up and and using the myocycle?

http://myolyn.com/index.php
    We're working on an official video like that. We did just demo at the Center of Recovery and Exercise (CORE) in Orlando, FL, and they posted a video of someone trying it out there. Not quite the same thing but maybe helpful. You can check it out on their Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/COREFLORIDA...8767589195434/).

Mize, I don't know if you are aware but RT finally implemented my suggestion of a Strava hook up. Once you authorise it in your rtlink and Strava it uploads every session just like RTlink. No option on saving to rtlink then uploading but it does grab all of your ride history so you have annual mileage etc.

We have a Myocycle and love it

Hello all. My wife is a T9 incomplete, and is the happy owner of a Myocycle. I thank this forum for putting it on my radar. We've had it for about a month now. It is well made, and works as intended.

I was inches away from buying a used RT300 when I learned about their business approach: they require you to hire them to send someone to your home to set it up and get it programmed. The used price I thought I could swallow suddenly got a lot bigger. I called them and was offended by the attitude. ABSOLUTELY no support, no access to parts, no manuals, etc unless you were fully in the fold.

I called Myolyn and Matt (on this thread, and co-founder of Myolyn) answered the phone. I liked how he talked & felt very comfortable with what they were doing. Two brainoids doing their PhD on the idea and then building the business - I felt like ordering one was not just a savvy move, but helping them, and the whole less-abled community.

The bike stims the glutes, the hams, and the quads only. The manual said not to use it for more then an hour a day but on the phone I was told she could use it more. Some days she does. The bike ties into our WiFi, and at the end of every session, it sends a datapack to Myolyn's server. Every week they email her a report of her use & progress.

I continue to feel like we made the right choice. It's a solid unit. Our PT does a lot of work up in the rich people area north of town and said he realized they seem to recover better because they buy the right equipment. We're buying all we can afford (Lynn's injury is only 8 months old) - may be more than we can afford.... but the other side of the equation is that when she recovers, we can sell this and the next owner will have full access to parts, support, and whatever else they need from Myolyn.

If I can answer questions I'll be happy to.

Cheers-
    OB

Just wish Myocycle had released their 12-channel this year...
    T3-T7 complete since Sept 2015

Bruce, thank you for the positive feedback! I really hope it's having a positive effect on Lynn's health.

Mize, it's on the to-do list to add more channels. Unfortunately, we couldn't get to it this year, but it looks like we will be able to add more channels soon. We'll try to keep everyone updated on any progress in that direction.