Thread: Bruno stair lift issue

Bruno stair lift issue

My bruno stair lift is having issues and I'm trying to determine what the problem is. The battery appears to be mostly dead and not charging even though it's at the end of the rail (where it would normally charge). It keeps beeping 3 short and 2 long beeps and it does it about every 5 minutes. Under the seat, the little display thing shows L8 solid then C1 solid and then C4 flashing. Anyone have experience with this? I was thinking it would just be a battery problem (it's about 6 years old), but wanted to see if anyone here would have any other ideas.

Why is it running on battery power? Typically, that's for power outages, with normal operation on regular house correct (110-120 volts).

It runs on battery when it's not parked on the end of the rail. It only charges when it's on an end. It was sluggish the last couple times I used it, and now it's not even able to make it up the rail.

Why not start by just replacing the batteries? There should be two of them. Six years is long enough. I had one of my Bruno batteries leak a few months ago and it left a permanent mark on the oak floor. How or why it leaked I have no idea, but it was at least five years old, so like I said replace the batteries. I bet that solves your problems too.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Quote Originally Posted by nayr View Post
    It runs on battery when it's not parked on the end of the rail. It only charges when it's on an end. It was sluggish the last couple times I used it, and now it's not even able to make it up the rail.
    Only old style use 110, new ones run on self contained batteries. They are kept on trickle charge when parked.

Sluggish would be indicative of not accepting a charge. ... Ah... make sure it's plugged in to the wall receptacle.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

sounds like the batteries thats what mine did when they went bad
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

Ok thanks guys. I will start with the batteries and go from there. I looked around online and it doesn't look like they're too terribly expensive, so that's good. My basement is finished with a lot of good/fun stuff (and my FES bike), so I really need to get this thing fixed.

I agree. Batteries don't last forever. Even car batteries should be changed after 5 years. Some may last 7 or eight years - but why risk getting stuck?

Hope you get it sorted out.

Well... success! I had my 13 year old son help me swap the batteries in the lift and it's working now. Thanks for the help!