Thread: Remote controls for doors, lights, screens

Remote controls for doors, lights, screens

We have happily moved into an apartment with 2 types of automatic door openers (FACC/Besam) and Somfy automatic exterior solar screens with a wind sensor. I think they are radio (RF) controlled. We also have Gewa automatic light switches that I think are infrared (IR) controlled. We only have the remote for the solar screens, so I need to get them for the door openers and light switches.

Rather than buy individual remotes, I would like to get a universal base station that we could use an iPhone app to control all of them. I'm new at this and don't even know the model numbers or have manuals. Is there anyone out there who can help educate me about this stuff or point me to other posts that may cover it?
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

You might want to try this question over on the wheelchairdriver.com message board. There's a lot of discussions about all things remote control.

Thanks for the input @Rustyjames.

I had a good suggeston from wheelchairdriver.com to get a HouseMate http://housemate.ie. It looks like it can handle all that we need.

Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Good to hear you found a possible solution, there's a lot of helpful, talented people on WCD site.